Sign in with
Your question

dual nvidia 6800 gs's in sli cause crash?

Last response: in Systems
March 11, 2006 2:06:58 AM

I have a new system that i just build and it ran fine up till a few days ago when I logged in to and played coh for the first time and out of no where my computer starts crashing.

the first time i atribbuted it to a glitch in Coh ... and then i started to have problems witn it in other games ... now it seems to give em problems when ever i stress the video card. here is what i'm running

Asus A8N sli premium ...
AMD 3800 64 x2
i have 2 gigs of corsair platinum ram
2 pcie nividian 6800 gs cards in sli configuration
witha 580 watt powersupply

I built my first 2 computers with out any glitches :)  and no this one is giving me lots of problems ...

when the bsod occurs i checked the error out and it said graphics problem ... recomended driver (which i have) and to turn down the hardwear acceleration. it is really eratic so i dunno what to do ... mayb eyou guys can help me out

Katee
March 11, 2006 2:56:54 AM

Try switching to the 84.20 beta drivers; also try disabling the Nvidia firewall if you're using it.
a b B Homebuilt system
March 11, 2006 12:39:04 PM

Sell both GS cards, and get a 7900GTX?? :-)

Just kidding....

Latest drivers, game patches installed?

Each video card seated securely?

(Are cpu and video cards running at stock clocks, or OC'd?)
March 11, 2006 1:31:24 PM

tried both the newest drivers and the ones that came with the cards ... as well as the games both up todate i haven't yet tried that beta driver yet but i intend to ... iti s possible that i'm over heating ... i looked at my set up and i must have been on drugs when i set my hd's and my vid cards so close together cutting off the air flow from my massive fan ... so i'm seeing if maybe it is cooling as well ... gonna do that asus probe thinggy
!