Active Camera; Why did it take me so long?

Last response: in Video Games
May 25, 2005 6:20:59 PM

More about : active camera long

May 26, 2005 1:33:32 AM

On Wed, 25 May 2005 14:20:59 -0700, Lawn Dart
<willkayakforfoodREMOVE_THIS@gmx.net> brought the following:

>Hi,
>
>I've been using Flight1's "Flight1View" freeware utility for a while
>now, but still wanted something that I could use to "lock" my
>preferred virtual cockpit (VC) forward/centered view, so that when I
>hit the <space bar> after panning, the forward view would snap back
>to my preferred/adjusted view rather than back to the default VC view
>(which depends on what the single "virtual zoom" setting is for all
>planes in the FLTSIM.FLT file).
>
>I don't know why it took me so long to get around to it, but last
>night, I finally purchased Active Camera, and I'm very pleased with
>it! :-) In addition to some other interesting possibilities, it
>offers exactly what I want in terms of allowing me to set up VC views
>I prefer for each plane. I was an idiot to wait so long! :-)

Fly-by mode is also wonderful. For the jets.. I set for takeoff:
duration 28sec, height 350ft, distance 4500ft. Then as ALT gets
higher.. eventually change to duration 32sec, height 100-250ft,
distance 9000-11000ft. Could not SIm without fly-by mode now. :)

Another GREAT feature is Landing View.. especially for landing
replays. It can be set -4000 ft to view as if standing behind fence at
threshold.. or +2000 ft and -100 Lat as if standing on ground off the
left of runway for touchdown.

-G
May 26, 2005 3:27:01 AM

"Lawn Dart"
>I was an idiot to wait so long! :-)

Duh! We tried to tell you... :-)

Try these two things:

When in VC tap the F12 key and it will lock view movements to your mouse
without having to hold the left button. It took me a year to discover this,
but now it's the best feature of AC. If you have a trackball it's even more
intuitive.

Tap the X key in VC and you will be outside your aircraft. With NumLock on,
the arrow keys will let you walk around.

Last but not least, make sure that under View Options, Spot Plane - you
uncheck "Gradual Transition" or you can't move the view around in the
outside view. "Gradual Transition" is saved in each flight so you'll have
to uncheck it in all your saved flights.

Dallas
Related resources
May 26, 2005 2:45:09 PM

On Wed, 25 May 2005 23:27:01 GMT, "Dallas"
<Cybnorm@spam_me_not.Hotmail.Com> brought the following to our
attention:

>Tap the X key in VC and you will be outside your aircraft. With NumLock on,
>the arrow keys will let you walk around.

default [ X ] key is used to swap standby and active radio fields.
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 7:08:31 PM

Hi Varmit,

Does it still "take over" the x keyboard stroke in the File menu?

Regards,
John Ward

> "Lawn Dart"
>>I was an idiot to wait so long! :-)
>
> Duh! We tried to tell you... :-)
>
> Try these two things:
>
> When in VC tap the F12 key and it will lock view movements to your mouse
> without having to hold the left button. It took me a year to discover
> this,
> but now it's the best feature of AC. If you have a trackball it's even
> more
> intuitive.
>
> Tap the X key in VC and you will be outside your aircraft. With NumLock
> on,
> the arrow keys will let you walk around.
>
> Last but not least, make sure that under View Options, Spot Plane - you
> uncheck "Gradual Transition" or you can't move the view around in the
> outside view. "Gradual Transition" is saved in each flight so you'll have
> to uncheck it in all your saved flights.
>

> Dallas

May 26, 2005 7:08:32 PM

"John Ward"
> Does it still "take over" the x keyboard stroke in the File menu?

Yeah, so what? You can't find the energy to scroll your mouse down 10 items
to press Exit?

I guess if I wanted to spend 10 seconds on it, I could remap the function.
I must be lazier than you.

Dallas
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 7:43:46 PM

Hi Varmit,

You must be able to remember how it was when you first started out - the
way I fly, sometimes I'm desperately looking for Alt f x, so I can get the
hell out of there before impact, and the extra time it takes to do all that
scrolling just doesn't cut the mustard!! :-)))

Regards,
John Ward

!