Adobe Acrobat

October 3, 2004 11:38:40 PM

Anyone have problems with PDFs in PPC 2003 SE (iPAQ
hx4700)? From Adobe Acrobat I can't navigate into
submenus to find some files and when you open PDFs from
file explorer Clearvue PDF tries to open it, which
doesn't work for some more complicated PDFs.

Any advice?

More about : adobe acrobat

Anonymous
October 3, 2004 11:50:44 PM

I have experienced this in the past. Still looking for a better PDA client

--
Juggs Ravalia [MSFT]

"Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone have problems with PDFs in PPC 2003 SE (iPAQ
> hx4700)? From Adobe Acrobat I can't navigate into
> submenus to find some files and when you open PDFs from
> file explorer Clearvue PDF tries to open it, which
> doesn't work for some more complicated PDFs.
>
> Any advice?
Anonymous
October 4, 2004 2:33:14 AM

Two options. Don't put pdfs in subfolders more than one deep under My
documents and Adobe will find them just fine, or reassign the program
associated with pdfs to Adobe so you can open them from the file explorer.
The latter can't be done from the stock File Explorer, but Resco File
Explorer can do it (even the trial) and I think PocketTweak lets you change
associations too.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone have problems with PDFs in PPC 2003 SE (iPAQ
> hx4700)? From Adobe Acrobat I can't navigate into
> submenus to find some files and when you open PDFs from
> file explorer Clearvue PDF tries to open it, which
> doesn't work for some more complicated PDFs.
>
> Any advice?
Related resources
October 4, 2004 1:58:38 PM

Hullo everyone,

Just want to ask abt my pb following on from these posts: somehow my iPAQ
(2210) hangs when synching a 1.41MB pdf file... It's really annoying: it
does a 'paging' until 79%, then just gets stuck there...
Have got latest bios & software updates from HP website + tried clearing up
the mem so there's enough space.
That pdf can still be opened- it's a timetable for trains- btw I'm beginning
to wonder if it's any use at all, seeing that trains here in London are
almost guaranteed not on time :)  When I open it, it's all wonky and the
tables/lines are messed up.
Tried deleting the file/resynching/downloading a fresh copy/reinstalling
Acrobat on PPC&PC... the little bugger still wont work! haha
Anyone come across this? Cheers
Gui.

"Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o kOpFtcqEHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Two options. Don't put pdfs in subfolders more than one deep under My
> documents and Adobe will find them just fine, or reassign the program
> associated with pdfs to Adobe so you can open them from the file explorer.
> The latter can't be done from the stock File Explorer, but Resco File
> Explorer can do it (even the trial) and I think PocketTweak lets you
change
> associations too.
>
> --
> Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
> "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Anyone have problems with PDFs in PPC 2003 SE (iPAQ
> > hx4700)? From Adobe Acrobat I can't navigate into
> > submenus to find some files and when you open PDFs from
> > file explorer Clearvue PDF tries to open it, which
> > doesn't work for some more complicated PDFs.
> >
> > Any advice?

October 4, 2004 9:10:40 PM

The best solution was to not place the file too deep in
the subfolders.

Thanks

Brian

Anonymous
October 5, 2004 1:40:29 AM

When a pdf is copied/sync'd via Active Sync the process tries to 'tag' the
file so that it can be viewed in a re-flow mode. That is usually not very
successful in a pdf with a lot of tables and such. You should be ale to
turn off re-flow viewing and see if that helps. Alternately copy the pdf to
a memory card via a reader, bypassing the AS tagging process. The viewer
will have no choice but to display in normal mode. Admittedly that causes
you to scroll a lot, but it keeps the table data lined up.

You can also turn off the tagging process in the options in AS, but that
would set it for not converting anything, until you changed it back.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"GFM" <gfm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:o h$KL9eqEHA.2856@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Hullo everyone,
>
> Just want to ask abt my pb following on from these posts: somehow my iPAQ
> (2210) hangs when synching a 1.41MB pdf file... It's really annoying: it
> does a 'paging' until 79%, then just gets stuck there...
> Have got latest bios & software updates from HP website + tried clearing
up
> the mem so there's enough space.
> That pdf can still be opened- it's a timetable for trains- btw I'm
beginning
> to wonder if it's any use at all, seeing that trains here in London are
> almost guaranteed not on time :)  When I open it, it's all wonky and the
> tables/lines are messed up.
> Tried deleting the file/resynching/downloading a fresh copy/reinstalling
> Acrobat on PPC&PC... the little bugger still wont work! haha
> Anyone come across this? Cheers
> Gui.
>
> "Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> news:o kOpFtcqEHA.3712@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > Two options. Don't put pdfs in subfolders more than one deep under My
> > documents and Adobe will find them just fine, or reassign the program
> > associated with pdfs to Adobe so you can open them from the file
explorer.
> > The latter can't be done from the stock File Explorer, but Resco File
> > Explorer can do it (even the trial) and I think PocketTweak lets you
> change
> > associations too.
> >
> > --
> > Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
> > "Brian" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Anyone have problems with PDFs in PPC 2003 SE (iPAQ
> > > hx4700)? From Adobe Acrobat I can't navigate into
> > > submenus to find some files and when you open PDFs from
> > > file explorer Clearvue PDF tries to open it, which
> > > doesn't work for some more complicated PDFs.
> > >
> > > Any advice?

October 6, 2004 10:18:38 PM

hey, thanks for your help guys
didnt know about the reflow thing
basically reinstalled acrobat, updating it to 2.0 while i'm at it
now works fine
cheers

> The best solution was to not place the file too deep in
> the subfolders.
>
> Thanks
>
> Brian

Anonymous
October 19, 2004 5:16:04 AM

Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices wrote:
> Two options. Don't put pdfs in subfolders more than one deep under My
> documents and Adobe will find them just fine, or reassign the program
> associated with pdfs to Adobe so you can open them from the file explorer.
> The latter can't be done from the stock File Explorer, but Resco File
> Explorer can do it (even the trial) and I think PocketTweak lets you change
> associations too.

If one has Resco Rile Explorer, where does one go to make/change the
association? Done it many times on desktop, but have never seen any
indication of where/how on PDA.

TIA
Anonymous
October 19, 2004 7:02:05 PM

"normc" <normc@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices wrote:
> > Two options. Don't put pdfs in subfolders more than one deep under My
> > documents and Adobe will find them just fine, or reassign the program
> > associated with pdfs to Adobe so you can open them from the file
explorer.
> > The latter can't be done from the stock File Explorer, but Resco File
> > Explorer can do it (even the trial) and I think PocketTweak lets you
change
> > associations too.
> >

> If one has Resco Rile Explorer, where does one go to make/change the
> association? Done it many times on desktop, but have never seen any
> indication of where/how on PDA.
>
> TIA

Try selecting the file without opening it (hold, not click and release),
look down the menu that comes up.
!