VPN access through DSL router fails

Hello,

I have a Allnet ALL0196 DSL router and I would like to connect to my
companys network via VPN through that router. I can authenticate at
the companys firewall but I don't get a connection on any resources
behind the firewall.
If I directly connect to the Internet via ISDN or Modem (w/o the NAT
router) the VPN connection works fine.

Router: Allnet ALL0196
VPN Client: Checkpoint VPN-1 SecureClient

Does anyone have an idea what I have to configure? Thanks in advance!

Best regards

Lueder

Lueder wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a Allnet ALL0196 DSL router and I would like to connect to my
> companys network via VPN through that router. I can authenticate at
> the companys firewall but I don't get a connection on any resources
> behind the firewall.
> If I directly connect to the Internet via ISDN or Modem (w/o the NAT
> router) the VPN connection works fine.
>
> Router: Allnet ALL0196
> VPN Client: Checkpoint VPN-1 SecureClient
>
> Does anyone have an idea what I have to configure? Thanks in advance!
>
> Best regards
>
> Lueder

Does the router support IPSEC passthrough? will it pass IP protocol 50,
or only TCP/UDP?

You need to have it be able to pass IP protocol 50, which is "ESP". Many
routers will only pass TCP (protocol 6) or udp (protocol 17.