Antec P180 Drive Rails Problem

mrx9

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
I am possibly being very stupid, but I am starting to put my stuff together and so thought I would start with something easy, installing the DVD Drive in the top 5.25 bay.

I have attached the drive rails to my Pioneer 111D, and assume I insert the drive from the front of the case, but the rails only go back so far and the drive sticks out.

I cannot move them further back on the DVD drive as the drive does not have any more screw holes.

I thought I could be putting it in the wrong way around, but there seems to be no way I can get the drive fitted by inserting it from inside the case, unless of course I am missing something.

HELP!!!

mrx9

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
I think I have managed to fit the rails correctly by moving them towards the front of the DVD, so it would fit OK, but now I just cannot insert the drive into the case from the front or from inside the case.

celltech

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
Looking at my P180 the metal 'squeeze tabs' on the rails have to be even with the front of the drives.

Not to sound stupid, but do you have the drive pushed in far enough to make the tabs click?

How much are they sticking out?

And the drives install from the front of the case...

mrx9

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
Thanks for the advice.

I had the 'squeeze tabs' at the back of the drive.

I have been trying to figure it out for over two hours - so thanks very much - fits like a dream.