Sign in with
Your question

Windows VCORE software?

Last response: in CPUs
March 11, 2006 7:20:01 PM

I need to up the vcore on my P4 478 Prescott to increase its stability when overclocked but my motherboard - asus pv4800d-x has no vcore option. Im using the first BIOS release, so does anyone know any software for windows which I can use to up the vcore or whether a later BIOS revision adds it?

Thanks

Kinetix

More about : windows vcore software

March 12, 2006 2:23:34 AM

Quote:
I need to up the vcore on my P4 478 Prescott to increase its stability when overclocked but my motherboard - asus pv4800d-x has no vcore option. Im using the first BIOS release, so does anyone know any software for windows which I can use to up the vcore or whether a later BIOS revision adds it?

Thanks

Kinetix

Unlikely that a later BIOS update will have VCore adjustment, as the board needs a voltage regulator with more than one adjustment.

If you bought the MB separately: do some research first ie. if buying a ASUS board, check their website and view the specs and BIOS.
March 12, 2006 3:13:50 AM

Don't believe it even what you read it @ Asus's website either as I just got burned on a project build with the P5VD1-X. They claim "CPU voltage adjustable" and when I searchrd the BIOS today, NOTHING! They represent this board as an OC'er yet the BIOS is lacking. I'll be RMA'ing if a yet to be released BIOS update isn't gonna take care of the problem. A very blatant misrepresentation.
Related resources
March 12, 2006 3:42:35 AM

Quote:
Don't believe it even what you read it @ Asus's website either as I just got burned on a project build with the P5VD1-X. They claim "CPU voltage adjustable" and when I searchrd the BIOS today, NOTHING! They represent this board as an OC'er yet the BIOS is lacking. I'll be RMA'ing if a yet to be released BIOS update isn't gonna take care of the problem. A very blatant misrepresentation.

Thanks for the info.

I'am going to buy a ASUS MB A8N5X, which by ASUS WS says that VCore adjustment, etc is available.

I'll check with the technicians at the PC store first. If it is not available when checked after assembly, I'll return it. :x
March 12, 2006 4:06:23 AM

Good luck. I'm waiting for a reply from Asus @ this point. The forum there is pretty usless too. Just sucks once you have a build completed and you find it's not gonna do what it's supposed to do. :evil:  In this case I was testing with a Celeron D to see how far this board would OC and then swap out the Celery with a PD 805. Oh well.
!