Can't tune COM or NAV radios

I have a POSKY 747-200 and for some reason, can't tune the COM or NAV
radios...

The "+" and "-" signs appear when I move the mouse over the controls, but
the setting doesn't change when I click with the mouse or use the scroll
wheel. Transponder and ADF are fine, as are other controls. I don't recall
having a problem the other day when I was flying this aircraft. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Tim
7 answers Last reply
More about tune radios

    Check the aircraft.cfg file under the Radio section and make sure the com
    and nav radios are turned on as in this example. 0 is off.

    Audio.1 = 1
    Com.1 = 1, 1
    Com.2 = 1, 1
    Nav.1 = 1, 1, 1
    Nav.2 = 1, 1, 0
    Adf.1 = 1
    Transponder.1 = 1
    Marker.1 = 1

    William wrote:
    > Check the aircraft.cfg file under the Radio section and make sure the
    > com and nav radios are turned on as in this example. 0 is off.
    >
    > Audio.1 = 1
    > Com.1 = 1, 1
    > Com.2 = 1, 1
    > Nav.1 = 1, 1, 1
    > Nav.2 = 1, 1, 0
    > Adf.1 = 1
    > Transponder.1 = 1
    > Marker.1 = 1
    >

    > "Tim" <void@invalidemail.com> wrote in message
    >> I have a POSKY 747-200 and for some reason, can't tune the COM or NAV
    >> radios...
    >>
    >> The "+" and "-" signs appear when I move the mouse over the
    >> controls, but the setting doesn't change when I click with the mouse
    >> or use the scroll wheel. Transponder and ADF are fine, as are other
    >> controls. I don't recall having a problem the other day when I was
    >> flying this aircraft. Any ideas? Thanks,
    >>
    >> Tim

    Thanks; the entries are exactly as you listed, so I guess that's not the
    problem!

    > William wrote:
    >> Check the aircraft.cfg file under the Radio section and make sure the
    >> com and nav radios are turned on as in this example. 0 is off.
    >>
    >> Audio.1 = 1
    >> Com.1 = 1, 1
    >> Com.2 = 1, 1
    >> Nav.1 = 1, 1, 1
    >> Nav.2 = 1, 1, 0
    >> Adf.1 = 1
    >> Transponder.1 = 1
    >> Marker.1 = 1
    >>

    >> "Tim" <void@invalidemail.com> wrote in message
    >>> I have a POSKY 747-200 and for some reason, can't tune the COM or NAV
    >>> radios...
    >>>
    >>> The "+" and "-" signs appear when I move the mouse over the
    >>> controls, but the setting doesn't change when I click with the mouse
    >>> or use the scroll wheel. Transponder and ADF are fine, as are other
    >>> controls. I don't recall having a problem the other day when I was
    >>> flying this aircraft. Any ideas? Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Tim
    >
    > Thanks; the entries are exactly as you listed, so I guess that's not the
    > problem!
    Then it could be a problem with the gauge. But its strange as you think it
    worked before. Check with the panel designer if not posky.

    Bill

    "Tim" <void@invalidemail.com> wrote in message
    > I have a POSKY 747-200 and for some reason, can't tune the COM or NAV
    > radios...
    >
    > The "+" and "-" signs appear when I move the mouse over the controls, but
    > the setting doesn't change when I click with the mouse or use the scroll
    > wheel. Transponder and ADF are fine, as are other controls. I don't recall
    > having a problem the other day when I was flying this aircraft. Any ideas?
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Tim

    In some aircraft the COM and NAV radios have a separate "On/Off" switch
    which, if set to "Off", disables selection of the frequencies (i.e. "Off"
    disables the stack). Some other aircraft disable the radios until the
    generator is online (which you sometimes have to bring online manually).
    I'm not familiar with your 747, but those two are worth checking.

    Steve

    Or change the panel.

    Mark G
    Not4wood
    TransInternational Airlines

    Not4wood wrote:
    > Or change the panel.
    >
    > Mark G
    > Not4wood
    > TransInternational Airlines
    >
    > "Steve" <steve@DELETEMEFIRSTzord.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> "Tim" <void@invalidemail.com> wrote in message
    >>> I have a POSKY 747-200 and for some reason, can't tune the COM or
    >>> NAV radios...
    >>>
    >>> The "+" and "-" signs appear when I move the mouse over the
    >>> controls, but the setting doesn't change when I click with the
    >>> mouse or use the scroll wheel. Transponder and ADF are fine, as are
    >>> other controls. I don't recall
    >>> having a problem the other day when I was flying this aircraft. Any
    >>> ideas?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks,
    >>>
    >>> Tim
    >>
    >> In some aircraft the COM and NAV radios have a separate "On/Off"
    >> switch which, if set to "Off", disables selection of the frequencies
    >> (i.e. "Off" disables the stack). Some other aircraft disable the
    >> radios until the generator is online (which you sometimes have to
    >> bring online manually). I'm not familiar with your 747, but those
    >> two are worth checking. Steve

    Thanks for all the replies. I couldn't work out the problem, so I've changed
    the panel!!

    Tim

    Hi Tim,
    This problem of yours appears very often. To change the panel every time you
    have is bad. Let me tell you how to make this alterations: open the aircraft
    file and click with your right mouse button on aircraft.cfg. Open this with
    wordpad and go down to [radios] it is there you fing the values you have to
    change according the first reply on this subject. Close files and accept
    changes. Start FS and go to your aircraft. Now you can change the freq's
    Happy flying.
    Wim Dijkgraaf
    Belgium

Mice Microsoft Video Games