Question How to recover my SSD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ziro_axis

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
hello,

it starts when i used the bootcamp to partition my 256GB SSD to install windows in my MBA, the target is to have iOS & WIndows7 each in separate partition of course + 3rd partition for my data.

so everything went all right until i get to Windows manager>driver manager then shrink the windows partition, this done successfully, and the new Unknown partition appears, accidentally i converted it to a simple Drive, this converted all the SSD to simple drive.

later once MBA reboots, Mac and Recovery partitions are not there, they disappear.

the question is

1. either how to roll this activity back?

2. or, how to recover my MBA to factory defaults?

hella-d

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2006
Any time you make a large change its always best to start fresh especially with motherboards and hard drives, id do a OSX reinstall then using bootcamp your Windows7.

or get a PC

apples are for pies not computing.... :p

ziro_axis

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012

i'm not in agree with you,,, it is a master piece if you get MAC hardware and run windows on it... this is my experience.

ziro_axis

Honorable
Aug 19, 2012
gents;

it is impossible for the time being to partition your HDD/SSD into 3 parts and use the boot camp to install windows, this days i'm really busy with some WiMax project thus it is critical for me to play with my MBA till i get a solution.

anyway it is working now normally:

solution after converting the SSD to Simple drive to use the internet recovery to recover back MAC OS then boot camp windows... and it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS