Which has the lowest cost per page?

Hello,
I would like to buy a color printer to print text mainly and photos
sometimes. I am looking for a printer with the lowest cost per page.
Could you recommend a model? (inkjet or laser)
Thank you
Cheers
Chris
2 answers Last reply
More about which lowest cost page

    Ted,

    This was just posted in another thread.

    http://www.tomshardware.com/consumer/20041229/index.html

    Bob S.

    "ted" <teddymaflu_nospam@fastmail.fm> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    > I would like to buy a color printer to print text mainly and photos
    > sometimes. I am looking for a printer with the lowest cost per page.
    > Could you recommend a model? (inkjet or laser)
    > Thank you
    > Cheers
    > Chris

    If you plan to use original supplies (toner or ink), or remanufactured
    supplies and want to print a lot of text, then you have to buy laser
    printer. Their cost per page for text is up to few times lower than than for
    an inkjet, text looks superior to any inkjet, have better longevity and
    water resistance - which is important if you print documents. Printing is
    REALLY faster. And toners usually last for few thousand pages, which makes
    it more convenient than inkjet, where you will be forced to replace
    cartridges every few hundred pages. The costs of color prints may be lower
    if you count the fact that you don't have to use expansive photo paper to
    achieve good looking prints, but is usually not as cheap as printing with
    black cartridge. Unfortunately color laser printers are much more expansive
    to acquire than inkjets.

    Good inkjets offer best photo printing quality (especially multicolor, low
    droplet ones), relatively low purchase cost, take less desk space than
    lasers. You can easily find affordable inkjet for larger paper formats (A3,
    A2). Unfortunately they are slow, paper trays are small, ink lasts for just
    few hundred pages, and original ink is decisively overpriced, as well as
    original photo paper. The cost factor changes dramatically if you want to
    refill cartridges yourself with third party bulk ink. This way an inkjet
    printer has the lowest running than lasers. But refilling is a dirty work.

    BTW. If you print really a lot of text then the lowest cost per page belongs
    to photocopy machines with printing function.

Printers Inkjet Peripherals