Sign in with
Your question

Accelero's are out!

Last response: in Overclocking
March 12, 2006 12:20:41 AM

I just wanted to tell everybody taht the Arctic Cooling Accelero series is FINALLY out.

More about : accelero

March 12, 2006 2:21:18 AM

Yup, I've got a thread out on it already. Looking forward to a few more reviews, including user reviews.

They're not at the big stores yet (Newegg, Tiger), but they're slowly poping up.
March 12, 2006 2:54:18 AM

Actually, they are at newegg, which is where i got mine.
Related resources
March 12, 2006 3:46:30 AM

Cool. They werent' there last night, I checked.
March 13, 2006 1:14:09 AM

accelero x2 is good, but id rather go with the silencer rev.3 that the accelero x1.
March 13, 2006 2:12:30 AM

Someone should find out if these work on the 7900 cards. Or if Artic cooling is going to release a 7900 cooler.
March 13, 2006 5:44:39 AM

From the look, the memory is in the same spot, but I'd wait for a review site to do it, or some one else first.
March 13, 2006 6:56:41 AM

i heard that Accelero is exclusively for BTX...
it has advantage for BTX...
as long as ATX... i don't know... is it better?
i'll rather go w/ silencer... it blows hot air OUT from the tower...
accelero seems like... hot air traps inside of the tower...
hm... let's wait for the review...
March 13, 2006 7:41:08 AM

Quote:
I just wanted to tell everybody taht the Arctic Cooling Accelero series is FINALLY out.

just wanna check... is those coolers like accelero or silencer or the zalman's VGA cools much better than Standard 7800GTX cooler...? i got an XFX7800GTX and it runs hottt! like... 65 under load.. and 50 idle...
March 13, 2006 7:49:44 AM

You should perhaps check out Zalman VF-900 to?

Almost completely silent @ quiet mode and cools way better than stock. Haven't compared it to the Accelero. But it have to be on par atleast. I both had the Nvsilencer for 6800Ultra and the vf-700, and the vf-700 was the clear winner for me, so I would think the vf-900 that cools better than the vf-700 to be as good or better than the Accelero.
March 13, 2006 8:15:49 AM

I have an Accelero X2... got it last week :p  Its very nice... does the job as most AC products do... very quiet i can assure you that. Though its focus is on being BTX compatible, which eventually most PCs will end up becoming, it will work fine inside an ATX pc, which is what i have. Just make sure you have a good enough airflow inside the case since the cooler isn't a DHES.
March 13, 2006 9:22:25 AM

Quote:

just wanna check... is those coolers like accelero or silencer or the zalman's VGA cools much better than Standard 7800GTX cooler...? i got an XFX7800GTX and it runs hottt! like... 65 under load.. and 50 idle...

thats all!! mine is 65 idle and 83 load! but mabye thats because i keep my computer running 24/7.
March 13, 2006 9:25:20 AM

Quote:
i heard that Accelero is exclusively for BTX...
it has advantage for BTX...
as long as ATX... i don't know... is it better?
i'll rather go w/ silencer... it blows hot air OUT from the tower...
accelero seems like... hot air traps inside of the tower...
hm... let's wait for the review...

there is a review, cant remember what its called off the top of my head though. but when i looked at it the accelero was better than the silencer by 1 degree in both idle and load. but it had a 2-3 degree case temperature rise due to it pumping the hot air inside the case.
March 13, 2006 9:36:00 AM

Techpowerup has a review on the Accelero series... along with a few others... its all on www.arctic-cooling.com site if you look up the product and go to awards.... anyway, the DHES coolers were good, but the Accelero is quieter than them, and performs a little bit better even inside an ATX case, which in my case (excuse the pun), is true since i have an Accelero x2 on my X1900XT beast, and it dropped a 75C monster on full load on DoD: Source with graphical eye-candy on a max for about an hour, to 60-67C depending on the game and on ambient room/case temp.
March 13, 2006 1:08:23 PM

Quote:
Someone should find out if these work on the 7900 cards. Or if Artic cooling is going to release a 7900 cooler.

Who cares about the 7900.. it's old tech.
March 13, 2006 1:10:36 PM

Quote:

thats all!! mine is 65 idle and 83 load! but mabye thats because i keep my computer running 24/7.

My x1900XTX is clocked at 750/1700 and idle's at 36C while the load is around 42C.

It's Watercooled though using an Alphacool NVXP3 ATi block.
March 13, 2006 1:35:42 PM

Quote:

My x1900XTX is clocked at 750/1700 and idle's at 36C while the load is around 42C.

It's Watercooled though using an Alphacool NVXP3 ATi block.

WOW! is their a cooler like that for my card?? i really need a good cooler.
March 13, 2006 1:59:40 PM

Quote:

Given 80 is where you need to start worying, 65 is actualy on the cool side. You're fine.

However, yes, all of those are better than stock.
March 13, 2006 2:05:23 PM

Quote:
You should perhaps check out Zalman VF-900 to?

Almost completely silent @ quiet mode and cools way better than stock. Haven't compared it to the Accelero. But it have to be on par atleast. I both had the Nvsilencer for 6800Ultra and the vf-700, and the vf-700 was the clear winner for me, so I would think the vf-900 that cools better than the vf-700 to be as good or better than the Accelero.
can you link to a review of that? I can't find anything beyond notes that it was on display.
March 13, 2006 6:10:32 PM

Quote:

Given 80 is where you need to start worying, 65 is actualy on the cool side. You're fine.

However, yes, all of those are better than stock.

my MAX EVER was 92 degrees Celcius, ands thats hot!
but no-one has answered my question yet, silencer rev.3 or accelero x1??
March 14, 2006 9:47:53 AM

Most sites I've seen have said the Accelero does better than the Silencer, however, I have seen at least one say it was the other way around. I'd say if you have good case airflow (not a lot of fans needed, case cools normaly or better with the side panels on) then an accelero will probably do just fine. If you don't, or are worried about the heat exhaust from the card, go with the silencer.

BTW, a more noisy option would be to crank up the fan on your GTX using Riva Tuner. Try raising the 3D performance fan speed by 25% and see how that works/Sounds. If it keeps you well under 80, then it's at least safer for your investment.
March 14, 2006 10:04:53 AM

Quote:
Most sites I've seen have said the Accelero does better than the Silencer, however, I have seen at least one say it was the other way around. I'd say if you have good case airflow (not a lot of fans needed, case cools normaly or better with the side panels on) then an accelero will probably do just fine. If you don't, or are worried about the heat exhaust from the card, go with the silencer.

BTW, a more noisy option would be to crank up the fan on your GTX using Riva Tuner. Try raising the 3D performance fan speed by 25% and see how that works/Sounds. If it keeps you well under 80, then it's at least safer for your investment.

the only problem with that is that it is already at 100% !!!
March 14, 2006 11:04:35 AM

Actually I got X2 in the mail yesterday! Great cooler easy to set up.

I have it running 100% [ATI Tool] fan all the time -- ULTRA quiet. Temps stay about 8*C cooler and dont go up as much.

Also allowed me to get an even HIGHER OC from my x1900xt.

Currently my card is @ 48*C. Room temp is 78*F.

Go get it, guys.

The only downfall is that it doesnt blow the air outside of the case -- but then again I've not noticed any side effects -- including additional chipset *Cs or CPU *Cs
March 14, 2006 1:22:06 PM

Quote:

the only problem with that is that it is already at 100% !!!

wow, i just found out where the fan control was, there are actually 2 places where i could change them, and one of them was on 25% just like you said! so guess what, i put it on 100% and yeah!!!! thanks so much man!! really appreciate it!! who gives if its loud, i need performance!
!