Reinstall of XP

my system crashed and i need to reinstall XP pro - also,
the cd that came with the system is lost, i have the
original key - can i load xp from another cd and use the
original key ?

No, contact Microsoft for a replacement:
(800) 360-7561

--
Michael Solomon MS-MVP
Windows Shell/User

"Steve love" <slove@larmon.com> wrote in message
> my system crashed and i need to reinstall XP pro - also,
> the cd that came with the system is lost, i have the
> original key - can i load xp from another cd and use the
> original key ?

Hi,

Only if the CD's are the same type. For instance, you cannot use an OEM key
to install with a retail disk. Plus, OEM installations often also include
specialized drivers for the system, so installing a retail version on an OEM
system is not always a good idea.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Steve love" <slove@larmon.com> wrote in message
> my system crashed and i need to reinstall XP pro - also,
> the cd that came with the system is lost, i have the
> original key - can i load xp from another cd and use the
> original key ?

TRENDING THREADS