CASSIOPEIA BE300 + Wireless D-Link DCF-650W

a b F Wireless
October 4, 2004 9:40:48 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless,microsoft.public.windowsce,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hello !

Can anybody give me directions how to make the D-Link Wireless card
DCF-650W to work with Cassiopeia BE300 pocket manager? I have just
restored the factory settings on the Cassiopeia BE300 so you can
assume is right out of the box.

Thank you in advance,
Marios Koumides
October 4, 2004 11:55:34 AM

Reply to message from koumides@gmail.com (Marios Koumides) (Mon, 04 Oct
2004 08:40:48) about "CASSIOPEIA BE300 + Wireless D-Link DCF-650W":

have you looked here?

http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DC...

Bye
Ann <nospam@netzero.com> Mon, 04 Oct 2004 07:54:49 -0400

Can anybody give me directions how to make the D-Link Wireless card DCF-
650W to work with Cassiopeia BE300 pocket manager? I have just restored the
factory settings on the Cassiopeia BE300 so you can assume is right out of
the box.

Thank you in advance, Marios Koumides
Anonymous
a b F Wireless
October 4, 2004 4:06:41 PM

I have checked that and there is a driver for Windows CE 3.0 for
pocket pc. However I don't know if it is possible to execute that file
on my PDA. Any ideas how to execute an .exe file on Cassiopeia BE300 ?

Thank you,
Marios Koumides

Ann <nospam@netzero.com> wrote in message news:<1096908934@nospam.netzero.com>...
> Reply to message from koumides@gmail.com (Marios Koumides) (Mon, 04 Oct
> 2004 08:40:48) about "CASSIOPEIA BE300 + Wireless D-Link DCF-650W":
>
> have you looked here?
>
> http://support.dlink.com/products/view.asp?productid=DC...
>

> Bye
> Ann <nospam@netzero.com> Mon, 04 Oct 2004 07:54:49 -0400
>
> === Posted with Qusnetsoft NewsReader 2.2.0.8

October 4, 2004 6:54:05 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc.wireless,microsoft.public.windowsce,microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Do you have drivers for BE-300?
I wonder if it is even possible to do that... this is not a pocket pc
device.

--

..: Jakub Kanczugowski
..: www.PDAclub.pl

Short answer, you don't execute .exe's on your PDA.
This .exe is likely the installer for the drivers and you should
run this file on your desktop PC, while the Cassiopeia is cradled.
ActiveSync will then fire up, and install the appropriate files
to your PDA, if supported.

~S.

koumides@gmail.com (Marios Koumides) wrote in

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

Little problem with that... you don't normally use AS with the
BE.
Out of the box, it's PC Connect for Cassiopeia that should fire
up.

Here, they discuss using wireless cards with the BE:
http://www.groom-family.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&thr...

http://www.groom-family.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5337

http://www.be300.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=541&hl=d...

http://www.be300.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=440&hl=d...

http://www.be-central.be/modules.php?op=modload&name=ph...

Last link has a link to 660 drivers, which I read will work for
the 650.

With my own BE, I used the Pretecn WLAN card. It had the BE
drivers on the cd (no workarounds necessary) and worked without a
hitch. I think I could also use my Linksys WCF12 by installing
the
WCF11 drivers, but I can't check, as I let the battery run down,
and I
need to put things to rights again.

If you feel like tinkering (that's what a BE is best for), here's
a link
about making ActiveSync work with the BE:

http://www.be-central.be/modules.php?op=modload&name=FA...

The forum sites in the links above were indispensable in helping
me get
going with my BE.

Good luck. The BE is a really neat little device! Before I let
my battery
run down, it was my eBook reader; even though I have a true PPC,
now, I couldn't bear to let the Cassiopeia go.

TCPW

!