Behemoth's Castle Crashers Releasing to PC on Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

infernocy

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
[citation][nom]apache_lives[/nom]Linux gamers lol wut[/citation]

windows is the only operating system that comes close to linux and its only on games - when steam becaumes fully operational with linux , you will see a huge fall in windows users ---

[citation][nom]infernocy[/nom]windows is the only operating system that comes close to linux and its only on games - when steam becaumes fully operational with linux , you will see a huge fall in windows users ---[/citation]

Sorry doubt that will happen any time soon

CTT

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2009
Only thing keeping me on Windows is games. I'd bail in a heartbeat if Linux would run them all.

timaeus

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2010
I probably would have been interested in buying this if it had come out on PC 4 years ago, or maybe even 2 years ago. My friends had it on Xbox/PS3, and it looked cool. But that was years ago. Not much interest anymore.

inerax

Distinguished
[citation][nom]CTT[/nom]Only thing keeping me on Windows is games. I'd bail in a heartbeat if Linux would run them all.[/citation]

[citation][nom]apache_lives[/nom]Sorry doubt that will happen any time soon[/citation]

I'm sure lots of gamers would jump to Linux if they could. But to say a HUGE drop in windows? No way.... I bet that it wont even be noticed.

G

windows is the only operating system that comes close to linux and its only on games - when steam becaumes fully operational with linux , you will see a huge fall in windows users ---

This is not even close to reality. OpenGL is absolutely archaic under Linux as compared to OpenGL under Windows, especially with AMD hardware (not as much Nvidia). Direct3D9+ is significantly faster than OpenGL when the application allows a choice. I wanted to use Linux for my latest AMD A8/6670 HTPC/Gaming machine but there's just no performance comparison when I switched over to Windows 7.

john_4

Honorable
Feb 27, 2012
[citation][nom]infernocy[/nom]windows is the only operating system that comes close to linux and its only on games - when steam becaumes fully operational with linux , you will see a huge fall in windows users ---[/citation]
Wrong OS X is close to Linux, both based off UNIX, Windows not at all, just a Swiss Cheese NSA/FED co-athored back door ridden OS.

zivnix

Honorable
May 31, 2012
"After this work, Left 4 Dead 2 is running at 315 FPS on Linux. That the Linux version runs faster than the Windows version (270.6) seems a little counter-intuitive, given the greater amount of time we have spent on the Windows version."

http://blogs.valvesoftware.com/linux/faster-zombies/

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]fcorona76[/nom]This is not even close to reality. OpenGL is absolutely archaic under Linux as compared to OpenGL under Windows, especially with AMD hardware (not as much Nvidia). Direct3D9+ is significantly faster than OpenGL when the application allows a choice. I wanted to use Linux for my latest AMD A8/6670 HTPC/Gaming machine but there's just no performance comparison when I switched over to Windows 7.[/citation]

yea, thats why whenever i get a choice between opengl and direct x i chose opengl... wait what?

i have a feeling that its more game developers do direct x first and do opengl as a second for a wider shotgun blast for their games.

the_brute

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2009
Get ready to not be here after december. The myans will love to see you.

Status
Not open for further replies.