acegap

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
I'm having a spot of bother:

I'm nosing around my brand new spanking system to see what I got, clicked on 'nTune, the Manage my nForce system' and apparantly it will benchmark, monitor and automatically tune the system, manage profiles, troubleshoot performance.

Very nice. Just like Christmas.

Then, before I get a chance to do anything whatsoever, up pops:
Warning: Your PCI clock is currently set to track the HT bus. If you adjust the clock for the HT bus, the PCI bus clock will change as well. Please consult motherboard manual to determine how to disable this behavior before proceeding.
NVIDIA is not responsible for data loss or hardware damage resulting from ignoring this warning message.

Hmmm, more like Boxing day. Can't see anything in the manual.

So... I have already re-loaded the default BIOS settings for you all (still the same Warning message) and I now await ur collective wisdoms..

Many thanks in advance

ASUS A8N-E
Athlon 3200+
1Gb Kingston
160 Gb SATA2
temperatures, fans stable

acegap

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
Ahh.. please excuse me, I now discover there is an nTune manual on my hard drive.. much installation involved in a new system, right..? and on page 6 there is:

"IMPORTANT! Depending on your motherboard settings, the following warning message may appear when nTune starts:

'Warning: Your PCI clock is currently set to track the HT bus... etc., etc.'
If this warning appears, follow the motherboard directions to enter BIOS setup and disable Spread Spectrum settings."

So, all I need now to try and begin to quieten this infernal noise is to find out what Spread Spectrum settings might be..?

TRENDING THREADS