HIIP printing flawed pages

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Two issues:

I have an old Hewlett Packard HIIP still chugging along, but lately the
printed pages are coming out partly smeared, with a band down one side
of the page, about an inch in from the right side, and an inch wide,
where the print is smeared. Any ideas on what to do?

I remember a couple of years ago there was some company that sells video
tapes with instructions on how to fix your printer yourself, but I don't
remember the name of it.

And a second problem that just came up. I had disconnected the printed
from the computer, then re-connected it, and now it doesn't print at all
when I send a print command. The printer is on, it's in ready state,
the print command seems to go through, but then nothing happens. I open
the printer window and the document is not in the queue.

I did a test print on the printer and that was ok (except for the
smeared band).

Thanks for any help.

larry

Michael

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

<www.fixyourownprinter.com>

Larry wrote:
> Two issues:
>
> I have an old Hewlett Packard HIIP still chugging along, but lately the
> printed pages are coming out partly smeared, with a band down one side
> of the page, about an inch in from the right side, and an inch wide,
> where the print is smeared. Any ideas on what to do?

Take a look here and see if you can spot your image defect.

Have you experimented with the toner cartridge replacement yet?

http://home.att.net/~t.f.cook/tc12.htm

Keepsake gift for young girls.
Unique and personal one-of-a-kind.
Builds strong minds 12 ways.
Guaranteed satisfaction
- courteous money back
- keep bonus gifts

http://www.alicebook.com

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks. Unfortunately, among the list of problems that website lists
for the IIP that they have kits for, they don't mention my issue.

Larry

On 30-Dec-2004, jbuch <jbuch@CUTHERErevealed.net> wrote:
> Larry wrote:
> > Two issues:
> >
> > I have an old Hewlett Packard HIIP still chugging along, but lately the
> > printed pages are coming out partly smeared, with a band down one side
> > of the page, about an inch in from the right side, and an inch wide,
> > where the print is smeared. Any ideas on what to do?
>
> Have you experimented with the toner cartridge replacement yet?

Had the same, faulty toner cartridge, it was an authentic
HP with lifetime warranty. Had a major problem with HP
to get it replaced under warranty, but finally succeeded.
They phoned to say the one returned was faulty and that
as it still had most of its toner they were replacing it FOC.

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Good, it's probably just the toner cartridge that needs replacement.
Since it was close to the end of toner supply, anyway, it's no loss.

But there was the other issue I mentioned (I guess I should't have put
two problems in one post):