velocci

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
hi all, check out my signature for my PC. I ran the memtest86 version 1.65 and it found about 720 errors, all in either test 4 or 6. my memory seems to work fine in windows. is this normal?

rodney_ws

Splendid
Dec 29, 2005
I've never used a system that MemTest86 reported errors on that was stable over a moderate period of time. Assuming you haven't OC'd your rig, I'd consider returning the RAM. If you have OC'd I'd clock it back down to see if that resolves the errors.

Tattysnuc

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
If memtest says there's errors, invariably there's errors.

try testing each of the modules by removing one, then testing it again.

Have you set the voltages and timings?

velocci

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
ok here is what i did, i disabled legacy usb support in the bios and then ran the test again and it found 0 errors. my ram or cpu is not overclocked. when i run bitcomet, it will run for a few minutes and then crash. i've reinstalled it a few times. could it be because when i installed bitcomet and all other apps including the OS, that the legacy usb support was enabled?

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
ok here is what i did, i disabled legacy usb support in the bios and then ran the test again and it found 0 errors. my ram or cpu is not overclocked. when i run bitcomet, it will run for a few minutes and then crash. i've reinstalled it a few times. could it be because when i installed bitcomet and all other apps including the OS, that the legacy usb support was enabled?
Very wierd. Either a motherboard or a ram problem, and since your ram is OCZ it's really unlikely...

Tattysnuc

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
Legacy USB support is to enable legmacy devices (ie NON PS2 mouse and PS2 Keyboards that plug into the USB ports) to work under the bios. I'd be very surprised if this was anything to do with this setting.

When you first installed the motherboard, did you reset the bios? Have you got the latest bios?

velocci

Distinguished
Dec 10, 2005
yes i have the latest bios and i'm not sure if the bios was ever reset, but i think when you do a bios update, it resets the settings. i know most bios's don't get reset by doing an update, but i think this one does. this problem has happend to lots of people aswell. its a known issue.

Legacy USB support is to enable legmacy devices (ie NON PS2 mouse and PS2 Keyboards that plug into the USB ports) to work under the bios. I'd be very surprised if this was anything to do with this setting.

When you first installed the motherboard, did you reset the bios? Have you got the latest bios?

ak47is1337

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2006
yes i have the latest bios and i'm not sure if the bios was ever reset, but i think when you do a bios update, it resets the settings. i know most bios's don't get reset by doing an update, but i think this one does. this problem has happend to lots of people aswell. its a known issue.

That's just not acceptable if your motherboard naturally creates memory errors man...I would demand a refund or something...