BIOS updated, but system wont start normally

OraneBana

Distinguished
Dec 20, 2005
Hi, I have an AN8 Ultra, I recently update my bios using Abit flashmenu v1.38. I click on the "one click live update" and everything's seems fine. But when the system is started, a window will appear and say the system is in fail safe state- please check cmos setting or something like that. Then below it says press DEL to enter bios setup or F1 to continue. I go into bios setup and load optimized default and save the settings before exiting. But the window still appear everytime i start the system, its kinda annoying i have to wait till the window appear to press F1 each time i start my pc or Windows XP wont load....
How can i get around this little issue?
I'm a newbie here and this is my first post, so any help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

ms2005

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2005
I would just try a reflash before anything else.
I have had that work a couple of times.

If that doesn't work - get the previous rev BIOS and flash it manually per ABIT instructions (never had an ABIT myself) and flash back- I've done that several times.

Hi, I have an AN8 Ultra, I recently update my bios using Abit flashmenu v1.38. I click on the "one click live update" and everything's seems fine. But when the system is started, a window will appear and say the system is in fail safe state- please check cmos setting or something like that. Then below it says press DEL to enter bios setup or F1 to continue. I go into bios setup and load optimized default and save the settings before exiting. But the window still appear everytime i start the system, its kinda annoying i have to wait till the window appear to press F1 each time i start my pc or Windows XP wont load....
How can i get around this little issue?
I'm a newbie here and this is my first post, so any help is very much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

clear the cmos