function9

Distinguished
Aug 17, 2002
Hello,
I recently got this board and overall I'd say I'm happy with it, but there's a couple things that are bothering me and had questions about.

1. Anyone else with this board, what are your readings for the +12V rail?

Speedfan, Abit EQ, BIOS all report 11.43v. Which isn't the case at all I used a DMM to take readings from a molex connector, ATX connector and the 12v connector. All show it operating in a range of 11.99-12.05v. I'm not sure about a BIOS update at the moment cause Abit's site has been down the last few days, will try that when I can though and see if it helps.

2. Is there any way to disable ALL sound alerts with the EQ?

I have the alarm disabled in BIOS and I see no settings in EQ to turn off alarms, driving me crazy. I'm not even sure what they're going off for in the first place. Nothing is running hot, fan is spinning around 1000rpm, voltages are fine (except for the 12v reading). I think it even sounded when I finished downloading something earlier.

I've also tried using the extra 4pin molex at the bottom (even though I'm only running 1 video card) but that didn't change anything.

Overall I'm pleased with it though, I don't have no intentions of SLI but for the price, I like the layout, the heatpiped (and silent) NB cooler, NO LEDs (god I hate those f***ing LEDs on the AN8 series), firewire (why the Kn8 Ultra doesn't have firewire or the heatpiped NB I don't understand, costs I guess). My biggest gripe is the "shadow" card that needs to be installed, I'm just worried about being able to fit an NV Silencer on my card.

EDIT: Actually readings in BIOS do seem fine, 12.03-12.04v. It's running the 9/21/2005 BIOS.

Battleofcarnage

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
Do you have a fan on the heatsink that connects to the power supply and not to the mobo. My friend had an an7-n that had a freakin annoying alarm that kept going off and i couldn't figure it out. Found out that since the cpu fan wasn't connected to the mobo, the mobo couldn't monitor it and was thinking that the fan was bad and overheating all the time (wich it wasn't). If not that i don't know but it was worth a try.