Auto login - how to stop it!

Jim

I have recently upgraded to XP pro from 2000 pro.
I was the only user on 2000 so it logged in straight to
my settings. I now have set up 5 users on XP inc myself,
but when switched on it still logs straight in to my user
without going to the welcome screen! This is important to
me as I have children using the PC and do not want them
having full administrator access to PC or internet.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Start/run "control userpasswords2" (without the quotes).

Check the box requiring a username and password, click apply/ok.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jim" <jim.hoskins@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>I have recently upgraded to XP pro from 2000 pro.
> I was the only user on 2000 so it logged in straight to
> my settings. I now have set up 5 users on XP inc myself,
> but when switched on it still logs straight in to my user
> without going to the welcome screen! This is important to
> me as I have children using the PC and do not want them
> having full administrator access to PC or internet.
>
> Jim

You may wanna try a security admin program, you can find a good one at
http://www.softheap.com/
Get Security Administrator

"Jim" wrote:

> I have recently upgraded to XP pro from 2000 pro.
> I was the only user on 2000 so it logged in straight to
> my settings. I now have set up 5 users on XP inc myself,
> but when switched on it still logs straight in to my user
> without going to the welcome screen! This is important to
> me as I have children using the PC and do not want them
> having full administrator access to PC or internet.
>
> Jim

Jim

Many thanks Rick!

I can leave them to surf in peace now.