Your question

Help me pick best combination

Tags:
  • Hard Drives
  • Storage
  • Samsung
Last response: in Storage
March 12, 2006 11:07:37 PM

Hey guys, just need a little help buying hard drives, I got a few options and I'd like to know which would be the best combination for fastest gaming load times and storage space? All these combinations come out to approximatley the same price.

1) 2x Samsung 80gb in raid 0 (for games) and 1x Samsung 200gb (for storage)

2) 2x Samsung 250gb (1 for games and 1 for storage)

3) 1x Western Digital 160gb (for games) and 1x Seagate 300gb (for storage)

I'm also looking for quiet operation, which is why the first two options are all samsungs. The third option includes the western digital because i know those drives are faster for gaming, and the seagate is the quietest 300gb. Thanks!

More about : pick combination

March 13, 2006 4:51:23 AM

Quote:
Hey guys, just need a little help buying hard drives, I got a few options and I'd like to know which would be the best combination for fastest gaming load times and storage space? All these combinations come out to approximatley the same price.

I'm also looking for quiet operation, which is why the first two options are all samsungs. The third option includes the western digital because i know those drives are faster for gaming, and the seagate is the quietest 300gb. Thanks!

Grab the Dual Samsung 80GB in RAID 0 and buy a 250GB Western Digital 250KS for Storage.

~~Mad Mod Mike, pimpin' the world 1 rig at a time
a b G Storage
March 13, 2006 6:06:31 AM

Quote:

i just bought 2x250gb WD's and there rumbly and noisy - never buying anything BUT seagates for now on.

Best performance = 1xWD Raptor + ~200gb seagate HDD for storage

RAID0 has poor seek times

And my last samsung was noisy and slow