2 TV tuner cards ran in SLI??????????????????????

kinky777

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
K check it Shoot holes all in this and tell me where I am going wrong. I am building a home theater pc , I had planned on useing a high end GPU card for gameing and a TV tuner card for movies. I have a Asus A8N premium SLI MOBO, Asus Armor case ,thermaktake 680 watt PSU ,Liquid cooling Thermaltake Rythm and AMD fx2 4800 CPU Can I use 2 ATI all in wonder TV tuner cards ran in SLI(I thinnk that company is set for crossfire not sure) I do know I would have to bring the coax into a splitter then ran to each card. My thought for this is to have the gameing capability out of both cards ran together should how a super nice pic and the movie(DVD,Cable-ect )out of them both for picture quality. Can they be ran in SLI mode if not is there 2 TV tuner cards that can and is this a wise choice? I have no need for a $1000 ard when my friend has a ATI all in wonder and the game pics are decent.

hergieburbur

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
K check it Shoot holes all in this and tell me where I am going wrong. I am building a home theater pc , I had planned on useing a high end GPU card for gameing and a TV tuner card for movies. I have a Asus A8N premium SLI MOBO, Asus Armor case ,thermaktake 680 watt PSU ,Liquid cooling Thermaltake Rythm and AMD fx2 4800 CPU Can I use 2 ATI all in wonder TV tuner cards ran in SLI(I thinnk that company is set for crossfire not sure) I do know I would have to bring the coax into a splitter then ran to each card. My thought for this is to have the gameing capability out of both cards ran together should how a super nice pic and the movie(DVD,Cable-ect )out of them both for picture quality. Can they be ran in SLI mode if not is there 2 TV tuner cards that can and is this a wise choice? I have no need for a $1000 ard when my friend has a ATI all in wonder and the game pics are decent.

That won't work with your current system at all, since ATI won't work in SLI, you need a crossfire motherboard to that. AIW cards also don't support crossfire, so unless you can find a hack for that, you won't be able to use both cards.

What will work if you have the slots, is two cards in crossfire or SLI, and a seperate ATI TV Tuner card (they can pretty much do the same things).

kinky777

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
So as I figured. Is there any kind of TV tuner cards that could run in a SLI form? If not guess I have to get a GPU and a TV tuner card.On this particular MOBO it has 2 PCIe slots and 3 PCI slots But if you run 2 GPU's PCIe then it covers 2 PCI slots leaving you with 1 PCI slot which my creative soundblaster card will run. I am trying to use the SLI and still have a TV tuner card and my sound card. Any advice?

hergieburbur

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
Does it still do that if you use single height cards rather than dual height? You may be able to buy a different cooler for one card to free up an extra PCI slot.

kinky777

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Looks like I will not be able to take advantage of SLI on this MOBO for the way i am trying to set it up.....ARGHHHHH I will end up useing a 7800 GPu and a Allinwonder Tv tuner card then I will at least have space for my soundcard.