Beat me with a stick

Downloaded and installed runway textures from AVSIM (but didn't backup
original files, hence the beating with a stick part). Oddly, this u/g
seems to be chewing up my Frame rate. Do any of you "wizards" know where
these files are on the original CD's so I can restore? (sys restore isn't
an option because of the time that has elapsed as well as not sure which
files I've created since changing these texture files).

While I'm in a question asking mood....

In the last episode of "Tips and Tricks" posted to AVSIM, OPA suggests
changing the PCI latency from 248 to 24. How does the PCI related
parameter effect the AGP performance? Anyone try this? The never ending
quest for increased frame rates appears dangerously close to late-night
info-mercials. Loose weight without exercising, increase your bust by
sticking these gel pads to your t*ts, get all of these 35, surgical
stainless steel, professional knives for three payments of 13.99 and it
goes on to infinity

Thanks to y'all in advance. Groveling for answers...

--
e v e n S k y

Athlon 266Ghz
1 G Ram
GeForce FX5900XT
160G H-D
80G H-D
WXP, FS9
CH Products Yoke and Rud Ped's

"evenSky" <evensky1@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> While I'm in a question asking mood....
>
> In the last episode of "Tips and Tricks" posted to AVSIM, OPA suggests
> changing the PCI latency from 248 to 24. How does the PCI related
> parameter effect the AGP performance? Anyone try this? The never ending
> quest for increased frame rates appears dangerously close to late-night
> info-mercials. Loose weight without exercising, increase your bust by
> sticking these gel pads to your t*ts, get all of these 35, surgical
> stainless steel, professional knives for three payments of 13.99 and it
> goes on to infinity
>
> Thanks to y'all in advance. Groveling for answers...
>
> --
> e v e n S k y

LOL!
You'll find a utility called PCI Latency here:
<http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=951>

Chris

dallas

"evenSky"
> How does the PCI related
> parameter effect the AGP performance? Anyone try this?

Search Google Groups for "PCI latency - Much ado about nothing? "

Dallas