Canon Pixma ip4000 CD printing template

I have now bought my Canon Pixma ip4000 printer.WOW!! The template details
for printing DVDs with Nero Cover Designer, posted by S.V. Groeneveld, are
spot on. (re-copied below)Many, many thanks. (Sorry all you folks in the
States where CD / DVD printing is not an option)

A4 colour prints are fantastic. Like my older Canon S450 printer, if the
print head does ever fail, it is so easy to replace and not that expensive
if you shop around. It does not require a new machine as per Epson; and ink,
especially if bought in bulk, means minimal costs. Duplex printing works
likea dream.A most recommenended machine.

Happy New Year,

John B.

--
Remove <nospam> from email address to reply

John B wrote:
> I have now bought my Canon Pixma ip4000 printer.WOW!! The template
> details for printing DVDs with Nero Cover Designer, posted by S.V.
> Groeneveld, are spot on. (re-copied below)Many, many thanks. (Sorry
> all you folks in the States where CD / DVD printing is not an option)
>
> A4 colour prints are fantastic. Like my older Canon S450 printer, if
> the print head does ever fail, it is so easy to replace and not that
> expensive if you shop around.

That IS a question...when my i550 died, i ask around and new head came 85%
of the price of new ip4000...definitely not worthed.

It does not require a new machine as
> per Epson; and ink, especially if bought in bulk, means minimal
> costs. Duplex printing works likea dream.A most recommenended machine.

BTW..did you consider using Surething? It's far better than Cover designer,
and i don't need to mention original Canon label print...
if you do choose it , template is here:

http://sleeperman.topcities.com

> Happy New Year,
>
> John B.
>

> "S.V. Groeneveld" <mail@no.spam> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 23:40:06 -0000, John B
>> <jbb@hawkhurst.nospamfreeserve.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>>> I am considering buying a Canon Pixma ip4000 printer, particularly
>>> for the
>>> CD / DVD printing facility. So far I have been printing separate
>>> labels using the Nero Cover Designer software. Is it possible to
>>> use this software
>>> to print directly onto the disc with this printer using the
>>> dedicated cradle, or has the supplied Canon Easy-PhotoPrint
>>> software to be used?
>>>
>>> Also, is there any way of using the Canon software to print all the
>>> way to the hub, using suitable full face printable discs? The Canon
>>> software I have seen demonstrated leaves a large diameter
>>> non-printed area in the middle.
>>
>> The IP4000 is an excellent printer, and it prints on CD's flawlessly
>> using Nero Cover Designer... (I didn't like Canon's own CD printing
>> software either). Just make sure you use the right (Canon) ink, and
>> special *printable* discs.
>>
>> I'll repeat what I posted a month ago. As you see the hole diameter
>> is configurable in step 6 of creating the template, so that answers
>> all of your questions... ;)
>>
>> Create the new template:
>>
>> 1) In Nero Cover Designer goto File -> Paper Stocks
>> 2) In the list select 'User-defined Stocks' and press the 'Add Stock'
>> button
>> 3) Give the new stock a nice name, eg. "CD-Tray PIXMA 4000"
>> 4) Set width = 131.0mm, height = 238.7mm (got these from Printer
>> Preferences dialog)
>> 5) Press the 'Add Item' button and select 'Label'
>> 6) Set outer radius = 59.0mm, inner radius = 22.0mm (or 11.0mm for a
>> small hole in the middle)
>> 7) Set position X = 6.5mm, Y = 87.0mm
>>
>> Print onto disc:
>>
>> 1) In Nero Cover Designer goto File -> New and select any disc
>> template (this is not the one created above)
>> 2) Select the tab "Disk 1"
>> 3) Choose your freshly created paper format from the drop-down box
>> on top 4) Now paint your cover...
>> 5) Goto File -> Print
>> 6) On tab 'Elements' unselect the things you don't want
>> 7) On tab 'General' press the 'Setup' button, and choose PIXMA 4000
>> 'Properties'
>> 8) On tab 'Main', set Media type to "Printable disc (recommended)"
>> (this will also select "Disc tray" as paper source)
>> 9) On tab 'Page Setup', set Page size to "CD-R tray B"
>> 10) OK, OK, OK

cityfc

hi,

I have got a cd/dvd printer Canon iP4600 and when I use its software the maximum limit to lower the inner and outer circle is up to +10mm and -10mm. when I print on a dvd, the inner circle remains white.

I have got Nero Express 7, can I use this programm to print on dvds? My tray is tray G, how can I find its template? can I use the same steps like those given for the canon pixma iP4000 even though he has tray B?

Thanks for your help in advance, hope I solve this problem

Songbird

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009

John B wrote:
> [...]

>> 5) Press the 'Add Item' button and select 'Label'
>> 6) Set outer radius = 59.0mm, inner radius = 22.0mm (or 11.0mm for a
>> small hole in the middle)
>> 7) Set position X = 6.5mm, Y = 87.0mm
>>
>> Print onto disc:
>>
>> 1) In Nero Cover Designer goto File -> New and select any disc
>> template (this is not the one created above)
>> 2) Select the tab "Disk 1"
>> 3) Choose your freshly created paper format from the drop-down box
>> on top 4) Now paint your cover...
>> 5) Goto File -> Print
>> 6) On tab 'Elements' unselect the things you don't want
>> 7) On tab 'General' press the 'Setup' button, and choose PIXMA 4000
>> 'Properties'
>> 8) On tab 'Main', set Media type to "Printable disc (recommended)"
>> (this will also select "Disc tray" as paper source)
>> 9) On tab 'Page Setup', set Page size to "CD-R tray B"

Songbird

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009

John B wrote:
> [...]

>> 5) Press the 'Add Item' button and select 'Label'
>> 6) Set outer radius = 59.0mm, inner radius = 22.0mm (or 11.0mm for a
>> small hole in the middle)
>> 7) Set position X = 6.5mm, Y = 87.0mm
>>
>> Print onto disc:
>>
>> 1) In Nero Cover Designer goto File -> New and select any disc
>> template (this is not the one created above)
>> 2) Select the tab "Disk 1"
>> 3) Choose your freshly created paper format from the drop-down box
>> on top 4) Now paint your cover...
>> 5) Goto File -> Print
>> 6) On tab 'Elements' unselect the things you don't want
>> 7) On tab 'General' press the 'Setup' button, and choose PIXMA 4000
>> 'Properties'
>> 8) On tab 'Main', set Media type to "Printable disc (recommended)"
>> (this will also select "Disc tray" as paper source)
>> 9) On tab 'Page Setup', set Page size to "CD-R tray B"

isepiq

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
Using the above nfo, I was able to go into Nero Cover Designer, copy the settings for CD Stomper Pro Letter, then make a new one, just changing the inner circle settings. It worked great. Wish I had known years ago that you could do this. Thank you. Have Full Face paper labels that I can now use, plus the print on disk option!