Asus Ah1 Vintage Barebones System >> NZXT Lexa

guitarbloke

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
Hi, please excuse my newbie question - I'm pretty inexperienced with all of this (but I'm learning!)

Can anyone tell me if I'll be able to take the motherboard out of the Ah1 Vintage barebones system and place it into an NZXT Lexa case? The thing that I'm concerned about is that the Ah1 motherboard has 6 audio connection sockets whereas most motherboards I've seen only have 3. My worry is - will this be ok? Does the lexa have space on the rear panel for these 6 ports?

If not, can anyone reccomend a good motherboard that doesn't cost the earth? It needs to be s939, not fussed about SLi for the moment.

Here's a link to the Asus Ah1 Barebones System so you can see the specs

http://scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=282303

Thanks!

Sean

Most new mobos come with a coverplate that matches their rear panel layout. You should be able to pop out the rear panel from the supplied case and put it into your Lexa. Do you already onw the Lexa? If not, then why get it? You'd be better putting that money into the other parts of your rig...

guitarbloke

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
Most new mobos come with a coverplate that matches their rear panel layout. You should be able to pop out the rear panel from the supplied case and put it into your Lexa. Do you already onw the Lexa? If not, then why get it? You'd be better putting that money into the other parts of your rig...

Thanks for the advice Rugger, I don't own a Lexa at the moment, but the case that came with the barebones system is so cramped, I could barely close it once everything was inside. I love the look of the lexa and have read all the reviews of it that I can find and it sounds great - loads of room for expansion, good airflow and cooling too.

At the moment I have the following in my system - any advice on what I could improve on would be really appreciated! I do still need a new case though as things are so tight in this one there is virtually no airflow even with all the cables tied back

Athlon64 3200 (venice)
200gb Maxtor Diamondmax 10plus HDD
2gb Corsair ValueSelect RAM
XFX Geforce 6600 (512mb)
Aerocool Turbine 450w PSU

plus 1 optical drive & floppy

I don't want a monster gaming machine, just a competant one that will tide me over for a while to come. I also want to start recording my own music (I'm a guitarist/singer) so will be investing in an x-fi card fairly soon

Thanks!

Sean