ASUS P5VD1-X Sucks for OC'ing

custompcz

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
Hey All,

Just want to forewarn any who might be interested in OC'ing the above mentioned board. On ASUS's site it looks good on paper but once I received it and set it up, I found NO Vcore adjustments or DDR voltage adjustment either. They claim "CPU voltage adjustable" and it's NOT. Basically, you can select the typical 5, 10, 20, 30% OC choices in BIOS but as soon as you go to Manual, your stuck with the max factory recommended Vcore for said CPU. Got to 22% OC in manual with factory Vcore and would not boot with 30% OC selection. Really pisses ya' off when you know the CPU will do more. Total misrepresentation on ASUS's part and Tech support won't even help you if you ask about OC'ing. Not even wether a BIOS upgrade is coming or if it can fix the problem. They Suck! :x

Tron014

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2006
Hi must agree that board sucks,

I just bought one so that I can run my XFX 512 mb pci express 16 on it, thats what i was told it would run, when I got the board and built my computer I did a bench test and oh the graphics did not work, it does not support 16xpci it only supports x4, so its going back.

I did not get as far as over clocking.