My desktop icons change

September 2, 2004 12:43:11 AM

Sending internet webpage desktop shortcuts is cool because you get this great
desktop icon with the web site logo (i.e. CNN.com) making it easy to
recognize. These icons however change to a default IE icon (the blue e on a
page with something orbiting it). Thus all my web page custom icons look the
same . How do I keep the original desktop icon.

More about : desktop icons change

Anonymous
September 2, 2004 10:54:49 AM

Hi,

You need to retrieve and save the associated favicon from the Temporary
Internet Files before it gets deleted as older files are pushed out. Then
redirect the the shortcut using "change icon" in the shortcut properties to
the saved favicon.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/