I am using Windows XP Home (2002 Edition).

I DON'T have SP1 installed!

Do I have to install that before installing SP2, or does
SP2 include everything from SP1?

If I have to install SP1, can I still get it, and is it
FREE, also?

I've tried downloading the updates, but I'm on dial-up,
with way too many disconnections and way too slow!

Thanks in advance!

SP2 is free and already includes SP1 so there is no need
to install SP1. To save you time you can order the fee CD
from
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/c
dorder/en_us/default.mspx

Andrew

Hi

There is no need to install SP1. SP2 is cumulative, so includes all
previous Updates. You can order an SP2 CD:

"Order Windows XP Service Pack 2 on CD"
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

--

Will Denny
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"Barbaroo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Windows XP Home (2002 Edition).
>
> I DON'T have SP1 installed!
>
> Do I have to install that before installing SP2, or does
> SP2 include everything from SP1?
>
> If I have to install SP1, can I still get it, and is it
> FREE, also?
>
> I've tried downloading the updates, but I'm on dial-up,
> with way too many disconnections and way too slow!
>
> Thanks in advance!

TRENDING THREADS