VC stutters

Need some feedback on this.
I have an issue that's puzzling. I've downloaded a high end add on aircraft
and it's installed correctly (it seems anyway) in FS9. Everything about it
is zero issues with one exception. The graphics are pristine. Everything
works.
Frame rates are exceptional (even during the issue) The issue is in the VC.
In turns, both on the ground and in the air, the sim hesitates every few
degrees of turn. It's like a ratchet effect.
This seems to be unique to this specific aircraft. If I change aircraft with
alt/select, even another airplane by this same developer won't do
this....smooth as silk everywhere else.
I've tried uninstalling it, deleting all references to it in search, then
reinstalling it again. Same thing....ratcheting in turns.
This aircraft is supposed to be flown in the VC, but when I tried a turn
using the 2D mini panel...same thing....ratcheting every few
degrees......not serious ratcheting....but just enough to make it annoying
to the eye.
Any ideas on what could be causing this on only this add on and no others?
Thanks
Dudley

"Dudley Henriques" wrote:

> Need some feedback on this.
> [..]

Let me guess, it's the Realair Spitfire. If I'm right, your request
is a well known problem with this aircraft.

Some may insist, that they doesn't have this problems, but this
base on the subjective impression, that three seconds is an
acceptable break, during view-switching.

Cheers,
Jan

"Jan Berg" <jan@epost.de> wrote in message
> "Dudley Henriques" wrote:
>
>> Need some feedback on this.
>> [..]
>
> Let me guess, it's the Realair Spitfire. If I'm right, your request
> is a well known problem with this aircraft.
>
> Some may insist, that they doesn't have this problems, but this
> base on the subjective impression, that three seconds is an
> acceptable break, during view-switching.
>
> Cheers,
> Jan

It's not the Spitfire. The Spit is absolutely smooth in VC. It's the SF260,
and I seem to be the only one with this issue on this airplane. I've checked
the sim forums and no one has reported this mild ratcheting. It has to be
something unique to my system configuration that's causing it.
DH

"Dudley Henriques" wrote:

> It's not the Spitfire. The Spit is absolutely smooth in VC. It's the
> SF260, and I seem to be the only one with this issue on this airplane.
> I've checked the sim forums and no one has reported this mild ratcheting.
> It has to be something unique to my system configuration that's causing
> it.

Did you run the latest update?

26 jun 2005 - FS2004.com:

RealAir Simulations announces the release of a major update for its
Marchetti
SF260 high performance single prop aircraft. Incorporating RealAir's smooth
gauge technology previously seen in RealAir's Spitfire Mark XIV, the SF260
now has ultra smooth and clear gauges in virtual cockpit mode, RealView
pilot
inertia view system and a host of other refinements.

In addition there are three extra liveries, enhanced flight model and
stunning
backlighting on the VC gauges.

The IFR and standard 2D panels are still available. A configuration wizard
enables
the user to set preferences before flying. There is a small upgrade charge
for previous
SF260 customers.

You know, I'm not sure if I have the update. I'll check this out. One thing
I did notice; when I installed it, it kicked the CH fighterstick right off
the XP controllers tree. I had to pull the plug and reinsert it. It might be
a controller issue. I'm using simple directx and assigning in the sim. I
noticed that when I pulled the plug and reinserted it, the settings I had
assigned were still there.
Is there a way to clean out everything on the controller......in other
words, get rid of the settings assignments? They are obviously being held in
a file somewhere. That might be the problem.
> "Dudley Henriques" wrote:
>
>> It's not the Spitfire. The Spit is absolutely smooth in VC. It's the
>> SF260, and I seem to be the only one with this issue on this airplane.
>> I've checked the sim forums and no one has reported this mild ratcheting.
>> It has to be something unique to my system configuration that's causing
>> it.
>
> Did you run the latest update?
>
> 26 jun 2005 - FS2004.com:
>
> RealAir Simulations announces the release of a major update for its
> Marchetti
> SF260 high performance single prop aircraft. Incorporating RealAir's
> smooth
> gauge technology previously seen in RealAir's Spitfire Mark XIV, the SF260
> now has ultra smooth and clear gauges in virtual cockpit mode, RealView
> pilot
> inertia view system and a host of other refinements.
>
> In addition there are three extra liveries, enhanced flight model and
> stunning
> backlighting on the VC gauges.
>
> The IFR and standard 2D panels are still available. A configuration wizard
> enables
> the user to set preferences before flying. There is a small upgrade charge
> for previous
> SF260 customers.

are you keeping the aircraft a secret Dudley?? Its a ah heck when everything
is spoilt by one prob like this. Maybe if we knew the craft in mention
somebody may have may have already sorted it out

Don

"Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@noware .net> wrote in message
> Need some feedback on this.
> I have an issue that's puzzling. I've downloaded a high end add on
> aircraft and it's installed correctly (it seems anyway) in FS9. Everything
> about it is zero issues with one exception. The graphics are pristine.
> Everything works.
> Frame rates are exceptional (even during the issue) The issue is in the
> VC.
> In turns, both on the ground and in the air, the sim hesitates every few
> degrees of turn. It's like a ratchet effect.
> This seems to be unique to this specific aircraft. If I change aircraft
> with alt/select, even another airplane by this same developer won't do
> this....smooth as silk everywhere else.
> I've tried uninstalling it, deleting all references to it in search, then
> reinstalling it again. Same thing....ratcheting in turns.
> This aircraft is supposed to be flown in the VC, but when I tried a turn
> using the 2D mini panel...same thing....ratcheting every few
> degrees......not serious ratcheting....but just enough to make it annoying
> to the eye.
> Any ideas on what could be causing this on only this add on and no others?
> Thanks
> Dudley

It's the SF260. It's the only aircraft doing this, and no one else seems to
have the issue. Whatever it is, it's unique to my system. The Spitfire by
the same developer is absolutely smooth. I switched in flight and checked
each one.
Puzzling!!
DH
"donbutts" <remove.donneybutts@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> are you keeping the aircraft a secret Dudley?? Its a ah heck when
> everything is spoilt by one prob like this. Maybe if we knew the craft in
> mention somebody may have may have already sorted it out
>
> Don
>
> "Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@noware .net> wrote in message
>> Need some feedback on this.
>> I have an issue that's puzzling. I've downloaded a high end add on
>> aircraft and it's installed correctly (it seems anyway) in FS9.
>> Everything about it is zero issues with one exception. The graphics are
>> pristine. Everything works.
>> Frame rates are exceptional (even during the issue) The issue is in the
>> VC.
>> In turns, both on the ground and in the air, the sim hesitates every few
>> degrees of turn. It's like a ratchet effect.
>> This seems to be unique to this specific aircraft. If I change aircraft
>> with alt/select, even another airplane by this same developer won't do
>> this....smooth as silk everywhere else.
>> I've tried uninstalling it, deleting all references to it in search, then
>> reinstalling it again. Same thing....ratcheting in turns.
>> This aircraft is supposed to be flown in the VC, but when I tried a turn
>> using the 2D mini panel...same thing....ratcheting every few
>> degrees......not serious ratcheting....but just enough to make it
>> annoying to the eye.
>> Any ideas on what could be causing this on only this add on and no
>> others?
>> Thanks
>> Dudley

dallas

"Dudley Henriques"
> Frames are fine...in the 30's for every plane in the sim.

Do you have frame rate set to unlimited? Try setting the limit to 20.

Dallas

> "Dudley Henriques"
>> Frames are fine...in the 30's for every plane in the sim.
>
> Do you have frame rate set to unlimited? Try setting the limit to 20.
>
> Dallas

Tried that. If it was related to the frames, the other aircraft in the sim
would also be affected and they're not. It's only this one.
I think this problem will be one that doesn't get solved easily. Right now
I'm concentrating on a corrupted download. I'm going to redownload the
airplane and see if the second installation causes this issue.

"Dudley Henriques" wrote:

> You know, I'm not sure if I have the update. I'll check this out. One
> thing I did notice; when I installed it, it kicked the CH fighterstick
> right off the XP controllers tree. I had to pull the plug and reinsert it.
> It might be a controller issue. I'm using simple directx and assigning in
> the sim. I noticed that when I pulled the plug and reinserted it, the
> settings I had assigned were still there.
> Is there a way to clean out everything on the controller......in other
> words, get rid of the settings assignments? They are obviously being held
> in a file somewhere. That might be the problem.

As far as I know, the controller assignments can be changed or deleted
in the default fs2004 controller option menu.

Do you use Active Camera? I Remeber a problem I had with it, due to
the controller assignemnts. I assigned a controller key to an Active Camera
option, that was already assigned with another option in default fs2004
assignemnts. That resulted in a strange controller behavior, even in
VC-view.

Jan

I still haven't solved the controller kick out with the install, but I have
solved the stutter. Dallas hit it with the FR counter. I had it at
unlimited, and this VC needs just a bit more performance than my card's
limit.
I don't have active camera.
I uninstalled the stick and reinstalled it. It's ok now.
Thanks for the feed on this BTW
Dudley
> "Dudley Henriques" wrote:
>
>> You know, I'm not sure if I have the update. I'll check this out. One
>> thing I did notice; when I installed it, it kicked the CH fighterstick
>> right off the XP controllers tree. I had to pull the plug and reinsert
>> it. It might be a controller issue. I'm using simple directx and
>> assigning in the sim. I noticed that when I pulled the plug and
>> reinserted it, the settings I had assigned were still there.
>> Is there a way to clean out everything on the controller......in other
>> words, get rid of the settings assignments? They are obviously being held
>> in a file somewhere. That might be the problem.
>
> As far as I know, the controller assignments can be changed or deleted
> in the default fs2004 controller option menu.
>
> Do you use Active Camera? I Remeber a problem I had with it, due to
> the controller assignemnts. I assigned a controller key to an Active
> Camera
> option, that was already assigned with another option in default fs2004
> assignemnts. That resulted in a strange controller behavior, even in
> VC-view.
>
> Jan

Hi Dudley

I remember when the brilliant freeware Commander series came out ( from
Milton ) , he had to advise people to remove the GPS from the VC because it
was causing something simialr to what you are describing..

Barry

"Dudley Henriques" <dhenriques@noware .net> wrote in message
> Need some feedback on this.
> I have an issue that's puzzling. I've downloaded a high end add on
aircraft
> and it's installed correctly (it seems anyway) in FS9. Everything about it
> is zero issues with one exception. The graphics are pristine. Everything
> works.
> Frame rates are exceptional (even during the issue) The issue is in the
VC.
> In turns, both on the ground and in the air, the sim hesitates every few
> degrees of turn. It's like a ratchet effect.
> This seems to be unique to this specific aircraft. If I change aircraft
with
> alt/select, even another airplane by this same developer won't do
> this....smooth as silk everywhere else.
> I've tried uninstalling it, deleting all references to it in search, then
> reinstalling it again. Same thing....ratcheting in turns.
> This aircraft is supposed to be flown in the VC, but when I tried a turn
> using the 2D mini panel...same thing....ratcheting every few
> degrees......not serious ratcheting....but just enough to make it annoying
> to the eye.
> Any ideas on what could be causing this on only this add on and no others?
> Thanks
> Dudley

Thanks. I found it. It was the frame limiter. As these new VC's become more
advanced, they apparently need more resources. I went from UL to 25FPS and
it cleared right up.
Dudley