Roger

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

When I upgraded to SP1 I was offered the option of saving
my Files etc. Being very wary when doing anything on my
PC I did this but I am wondering whether the old Files
and Settings are still retained on my PC (taking up
valuable space). I have found Folder 'ServicePackFiles'
(file i386 including a Zip File 'sp1'). There are also a
number of Files C:\WINDOWS\$NtUninstalQ.... etc including
$NtServicePackUninstal. Are these the Files that were
retained as part of my upgrade to SP1 and can any of them
be safely deleted?
Kind regards,
Roger

Hi,

The ServicePackFiles folder is a holder for backups of the SP files, you
should leave it alone. The $NtUninstall....$ folders in the Windows
directory can be safely deleted as long as you have no intention of ever
uninstalling the associated SP or hotfix.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone