No PFC but plugged into AVR(UPS)

kyleawesome

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
Alright, well I'm in the process of upgrading my PC and I'm in the market for a new PSU, I came across the AeroCool Zerodba S620. It's a 620w PSU that seems to have alright specs but its price is pretty good, now the first thing that turned me away was the fact it had NO PFC but because I'm using an AVR is PFC that important?

If you guys dont think thats too good of a PSU, what would you suggest? I need atleast 500w (I have a 450w right now and its just not gonna cut it) I also want modular cabling. I was thinking of going with an Enermax 620w, but its still 50 bucks more, which I would like to put towards a CPU or something if possible.

PFC provides more benefit to the power company than it does to the consumer. An UPS to provide good power backup and clean power is all that I would recommend.

That being said I do not have a lot of experience with Aerocool PSUs. Your system should not require that kind of power - even OCing. What is your current PSU and what indications lead you to believe that your current solution is insufficient?

kyleawesome

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
Well right now,

I have my 530J oc'ed to 3.46ghz
my TT BigTyphoon
3 - HD's
1 - ATI x1600
3 - Optical Drives
1 - Floppy
4 - case fans
2 - 12" Cathodes
Lights on my case (TT Tsunami)

It's not that its not cutting it now, but when I get my new chip I'm going to throw a W/C get-up in there, and my 450w is going to struggle with all of that

Ahh...the full system specs and your intentions aren't listed in your sig! Id' still hold off and try the new setup with your current PSU. If it is a good quality PSU, then you might be surprised at how it holds up with your upgrade intentions.

kyleawesome

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
:twisted: I know.... muuha ha ha ha

Right now I'm kind of second guessing upgrading now or waiting for Conroe, ah the decisions!