Epson Print CD Software locks up

I am pretty happy with my Epson R200 printer. But I am now having a
problem with the Epson Print CD Software. When I import an image, the
program locks up and I have to close it.

It defaults to the last folder you used to select an image, and when I
try to change to a different folder, it locks up and I can't continue.

I reinstalled the program, but it still does the same thing. Is there
something obvious I am overlooking, or is there any way I can overcome
this?

Thanks

Roger Glumm
Roger Lane Glumm
rogerglumm@ameritech.net
3 answers Last reply
More about epson print software locks

    An answer to my own question...

    Actually, just more information. I tried again, and I can access some
    folders, but not the one I want. I think maybe it is just too big.
    Does that make any sense?

    I think that I may be able to work around the problem is it is just
    the one folder that I am having trouble with.

    But still, any input you can give me will be greatly appreciated.

    Thanks again.

    On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 22:12:22 GMT, Roger Lane Glumm
    <rogerglumm@ameritech.net> wrote:

    >I am pretty happy with my Epson R200 printer. But I am now having a
    >problem with the Epson Print CD Software. When I import an image, the
    >program locks up and I have to close it.
    >
    >It defaults to the last folder you used to select an image, and when I
    >try to change to a different folder, it locks up and I can't continue.
    >
    >I reinstalled the program, but it still does the same thing. Is there
    >something obvious I am overlooking, or is there any way I can overcome
    >this?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Roger Glumm
    >Roger Lane Glumm
    >rogerglumm@ameritech.net

    Roger Lane Glumm
    rogerglumm@ameritech.net

    Roger Lane Glumm <rogerglumm@ameritech.net> wrote in

    > An answer to my own question...
    >
    > Actually, just more information. I tried again, and I can access some
    > folders, but not the one I want. I think maybe it is just too big.
    > Does that make any sense?

    Roger don't put your real email in usenet, I've been using Epson PrintCD
    quite happily, since the file manager in PrintCD makes thumbnails of
    your jpg file , the question is where does Epson PrintCD make thumbnail
    files of folders?.I don't know myself ,let me work on this in the mean
    time if you have many files in just the one folder try making subfolders
    and organize the files. I've no problems here with an old AMD 1gb
    gfmx400dualhead 512mb ram winXP

    Roger Lane Glumm wrote:
    > An answer to my own question...
    >
    > Actually, just more information. I tried again, and I can access some
    > folders, but not the one I want. I think maybe it is just too big.
    > Does that make any sense?
    >
    > I think that I may be able to work around the problem is it is just
    > the one folder that I am having trouble with.
    >
    > But still, any input you can give me will be greatly appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks again.

    I remember once in my Canon Photo print the program crashed when i tried to
    browse in one folder. It turned out that one of jpg pictures was damaged -
    while picture viewer and Paint Shop opened it fine, this same pic crashed
    Canon software. Then i open this damaged pic in Paint Shop, re-ave it and
    from that moment it was Ok. So, try to remove pics, run the program and
    you'll see if this is the case.

    > On Fri, 31 Dec 2004 22:12:22 GMT, Roger Lane Glumm
    > <rogerglumm@ameritech.net> wrote:
    >
    >> I am pretty happy with my Epson R200 printer. But I am now having a
    >> problem with the Epson Print CD Software. When I import an image, the
    >> program locks up and I have to close it.
    >>
    >> It defaults to the last folder you used to select an image, and when
    >> I try to change to a different folder, it locks up and I can't
    >> continue.
    >>
    >> I reinstalled the program, but it still does the same thing. Is there
    >> something obvious I am overlooking, or is there any way I can
    >> overcome this?
    >>
    >> Thanks
    >>
    >> Roger Glumm
    >> Roger Lane Glumm
    >> rogerglumm@ameritech.net
    >
    > Roger Lane Glumm
    > rogerglumm@ameritech.net

Printers Software Epson CD-Rom Peripherals