overclock wont work after restart

biggy52

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
hi all...
i am using Leadtek 7800GT graphics card .. i installed coolbits2.0...and have forceware 81.98.

I overclocked my gpu to
Core clock frequency = 500 MHz
Memory Clock Frequency = 1170 Mhz..

i used ati tool to chk for artifacts....it doesnt show any error and runs smoothly...

now the problem is , evertime i restart my computer...my vga card shows NO OVERCLOCK and returns to stock...

please help...i am very very new to overclocking...

thanks

a1ien

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2006
What did you use to overclock it? I don't know what coolbits2.0 exactly is, but it sounds like something of an equivalent to cool 'n quiet for amd cpu processors which keeps it at stock speeds. If that is so, remove coolbits.

biggy52

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2005
not really alien...

Coolbits2.0 is kinda of a registry update, which will show the hidden overclocking functions of nvidia graphics cards. Like when i installed my gfx cards at first, in the display properties there was no sign of the overclocking functionality...after using the coolbits2.0, i can overclock.
But it doesnt stay there..evertime i restarts...it returns to no overclocking funtion

ELGoku

Distinguished
Feb 23, 2006
I Would Go with a HOTKEY to Overclock the Video Card. For Example I Only OC my 7800GT when I'm about to PLAY Games or run Tests... No Need to have it ALL THE TIME... What does NE1 else think?