Dual socket 939 pin Athlon Motherboards?

kansur0

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
Does anyone know of a motherboard that has a dual socket (dual processor) configuration for 939 pin processors?

I have an Athlon X2 +3700 and I would like to use it on a dual processor board. I have searched here and did a google but nothing turns up.

Am I correct in assuming that the 939 pin is on the way out? Also...the Athlon FX 60 chip is 939. It would be a shame if you could not use a powerhouse chip such as this on a dual socket motherboard.

Anyone care to provide an actual product or a reason why there is no such thing would be appreciated!

Thanks!

kansur0

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
My goodness. For the third time? Please forgive me. I honestly did a search for dual socket, dual processor and dual X2. As you can imagine any of these searches turned up hundreds of posts.

Thanks to guru's such as yourself, saving the time and energy of people who have a life. I do hope you have gotten an iPod or some sort of reward for your tireless troubles. Over 25,000 posts. What a magnificent achievement.

Please accept my humble thanks for such patients and understanding...and a nice response I might ad.

Again...thank you. Really. Thanks.

kansur0

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
Wouldn't it be nice to just take the current 939 chip and buy the same identical chip ( which is now 1/4 the price) and stick it in a dual socket board? MAN...WHY CAN'T THEY JUST STICK WITH ONE DAMN PIN CONFIG.

Again...thanks!!!

Cheers!