Any Way to Load FS2004 GPS When RealityXP GPS Loaded?

Is there any shortcut that will force the native FS2004 GPS to come to the
screen? On some aircraft I have enabled the RealityXP GPS and want to have
the FS2004 up just for its terrain map and more convenient UI. Reality
disables the GPS from the Shift+x keystroke but maybe there is an alternate
path that can force it up anyway?

--
Will
westes AT earthbroadcast.com

    Will wrote:
    > Is there any shortcut that will force the native FS2004 GPS to come to the
    > screen? On some aircraft I have enabled the RealityXP GPS and want to have
    > the FS2004 up just for its terrain map and more convenient UI. Reality
    > disables the GPS from the Shift+x keystroke but maybe there is an alternate
    > path that can force it up anyway?

    Shift 3 brings up gps. shift 2 gets the radio stack.

    Not after you install RealityXP on some aircraft.... Reality
    puts its GPS in place of the native FS2004 GPS. The reason is
    probably to prevent the two GPS systems from fighting over the
    autopilot. But I know how to avoid that and would benefit from
    running both GPS simultaneously.

    Sorry if I wasn't being clear: I'm not a novice with FS2004
    looking to learn how to bring up the GPS. Assume for the moment
    that the standard Shift+x sequence brings up Reality's GPS and
    not the native FS2004 GPS. Assume further that the menu
    structure has been modified by Reality to remove the native
    FS2004 GPS.

    In that situation, is there any trick that would bring up the
    native FS2004 GPS? Maybe someone has written a utility that
    attaches the native GPS to a menu option, independent of other
    menus?

    --
    Will
    Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com

    "mike wheelock" <wheels2@twmi.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Will wrote:
    > > Is there any shortcut that will force the native FS2004 GPS
    to come to the
    > > screen? On some aircraft I have enabled the RealityXP GPS
    and want to have
    > > the FS2004 up just for its terrain map and more convenient
    UI. Reality
    > > disables the GPS from the Shift+x keystroke but maybe there
    is an alternate
    > > path that can force it up anyway?
    > >
    > Shift 3 brings up gps. shift 2 gets the radio stack.

    "Will" <
    > Is there any shortcut that will force the native FS2004 GPS to come to the
    > screen?

    I would say yes. You could edit the panel.cfg for the aircraft by adding a
    new [WindowXX] statement.

    By that I mean, go to a panel.cfg file that does not use the RealityXP gps
    and copy the GPS section. Then go to the aircraft you want to add it to and
    paste it into that aircraft's panel.cfg file using a consecutive [WindowXX]
    number. Feel free to come back here and ask more questions if you don't
    understand.

    Will they conflict? I would guess yes because of the autopilot issue, but
    it won't cost you anything to find out.... except a CTD. :-)

    Dallas

Games Microsoft GPS Video Games