Any Way to Load FS2004 GPS When RealityXP GPS Loaded?

Last response: in Video Games
May 29, 2005 7:01:50 PM

Is there any shortcut that will force the native FS2004 GPS to come to the
screen? On some aircraft I have enabled the RealityXP GPS and want to have
the FS2004 up just for its terrain map and more convenient UI. Reality
disables the GPS from the Shift+x keystroke but maybe there is an alternate
path that can force it up anyway?

--
Will
westes AT earthbroadcast.com

Will wrote:
> Is there any shortcut that will force the native FS2004 GPS to come to the
> screen? On some aircraft I have enabled the RealityXP GPS and want to have
> the FS2004 up just for its terrain map and more convenient UI. Reality
> disables the GPS from the Shift+x keystroke but maybe there is an alternate
> path that can force it up anyway?

Shift 3 brings up gps. shift 2 gets the radio stack.
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 4:56:45 AM

Not after you install RealityXP on some aircraft.... Reality
puts its GPS in place of the native FS2004 GPS. The reason is
probably to prevent the two GPS systems from fighting over the
autopilot. But I know how to avoid that and would benefit from
running both GPS simultaneously.

Sorry if I wasn't being clear: I'm not a novice with FS2004
looking to learn how to bring up the GPS. Assume for the moment
that the standard Shift+x sequence brings up Reality's GPS and
not the native FS2004 GPS. Assume further that the menu
structure has been modified by Reality to remove the native
FS2004 GPS.

In that situation, is there any trick that would bring up the
native FS2004 GPS? Maybe someone has written a utility that
attaches the native GPS to a menu option, independent of other
menus?

--
Will
Internet: westes at earthbroadcast.com

"mike wheelock" <wheels2@twmi.rr.com> wrote in message
> Will wrote:
> > Is there any shortcut that will force the native FS2004 GPS
to come to the
> > screen? On some aircraft I have enabled the RealityXP GPS
and want to have
> > the FS2004 up just for its terrain map and more convenient
UI. Reality
> > disables the GPS from the Shift+x keystroke but maybe there
is an alternate
> > path that can force it up anyway?
> >
> Shift 3 brings up gps. shift 2 gets the radio stack.
May 31, 2005 3:43:11 AM

"Will" <
> Is there any shortcut that will force the native FS2004 GPS to come to the
> screen?

I would say yes. You could edit the panel.cfg for the aircraft by adding a
new [WindowXX] statement.

By that I mean, go to a panel.cfg file that does not use the RealityXP gps
and copy the GPS section. Then go to the aircraft you want to add it to and
paste it into that aircraft's panel.cfg file using a consecutive [WindowXX]
number. Feel free to come back here and ask more questions if you don't
understand.

Will they conflict? I would guess yes because of the autopilot issue, but
it won't cost you anything to find out.... except a CTD. :-)

Dallas
!