Taskbar Width & Location

Ralph

My taskbar has moved from the bottom of the screen to the
top and has widened. How do I restore it ?

That's very simple. Right click on the taskbar. A menu
will pop up. If "Lock the taskbar" is checked, click it.
It will unlock the taskbar and you will be free to drag
and resize it anywhere you want.

Just drag is to wherever you want it.

Position your mouse anywhere in blank grey area on the taskbar, click and
hold the left mouse button and drag the taskbar to any of the 4 sides of the
screen.

Once you have it where you want it, move the mouse to the edge of the task
bar until the cursor changes to the little line with an arrow at each end
and resize it as you wish.

If you can't do this, then right click on the task bar and make sure "lock
taskbar" isn't checked on the menu.

"Ralph" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My taskbar has moved from the bottom of the screen to the
> top and has widened. How do I restore it ?

My Taskbar has Moved
a.. The taskbar is locked by default in XP, other operating system may or may not be locked. Right click a blank area of the taskbar, choose Lock The Taskbar on the menu if it is already ticked, else press escape or click away from the menu.
b.. Press Ctrl + Esc to open the Start Menu
c.. Press Esc to close the Start Menu but leaves it selected
d.. Press Alt + Space to open the System Menu for a window
e.. Press M to select Move (the M is underlined) on the System Menu
f.. then press an arrow key till the mouse cursor is in the middle, then down arrow till it reaches the bottom. Watch the mouse cursor as the taskbar snaps so won't do anything till the mouse cursor is 1/2 way. Note the arrow keys are moving the mouse cursor not the mouse.
g.. press Enter to accept changes or Esc to cancel the move.
The taskbar can also be dragged with the mouse unless it locked.

http://www.newmatilda.com/home/default.asp
"Ralph" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4e3701c490f4$8de4d260$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> My taskbar has moved from the bottom of the screen to the
> top and has widened. How do I restore it ?

I'm always up to learn new things. This was new to me and so I tried it.
Works just fine until the part where it's suppose to snap the taskbar to the
bottom. It doesn't. Pressing the down arrow simply keeps the arrow flashing
and trying to go down farther. When you say middle you should be more
specific as well. I assume that you mean place the cursor in the middle of
the taskbar and then press the down arrow. As mentioned that does nothing. Is
there a step missing? Do you have to press another key along with the down
arrow to actually grab the taskbar and move it? {]:~(

"David Candy" wrote:

> My Taskbar has Moved
> a.. The taskbar is locked by default in XP, other operating system may or may not be locked. Right click a blank area of the taskbar, choose Lock The Taskbar on the menu if it is already ticked, else press escape or click away from the menu.
> b.. Press Ctrl + Esc to open the Start Menu
> c.. Press Esc to close the Start Menu but leaves it selected
> d.. Press Alt + Space to open the System Menu for a window
> e.. Press M to select Move (the M is underlined) on the System Menu
> f.. then press an arrow key till the mouse cursor is in the middle, then down arrow till it reaches the bottom. Watch the mouse cursor as the taskbar snaps so won't do anything till the mouse cursor is 1/2 way. Note the arrow keys are moving the mouse cursor not the mouse.
> g.. press Enter to accept changes or Esc to cancel the move.
> The taskbar can also be dragged with the mouse unless it locked.

> http://www.newmatilda.com/home/default.asp
> "Ralph" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4e3701c490f4$8de4d260$a301280a@phx.gbl...
> > My taskbar has moved from the bottom of the screen to the
> > top and has widened. How do I restore it ?

Dave

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2003

Thanks, David. I had a similar problem, I could resize
the toolbar but not move it and it had somehow got to the
top. This advice moved it back down no problems.

Thanks again.

-