resolution 3360x1050 plus a clone?? how do i solve that

Defiler

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
Hi,

I have a problem. I need to have a computer that uses four screens 20.1 1680x1050 and what i like to have is that two of the screens will be placed om my desktop and show one singel desktop with resolution 3360x1050 and the other two will be placed over me and these two whould show a clone of the first to..

Dose any one have a good solution for this..

The best whould be if i could find one graphic card that did this to me but Im thinking of having two graphics card.. like ASUS EXTREME GEFORCE 7800GT DUAL 512MB HDTV PCI-E or some thing..

I whould be happy if someone could help me with some ideas how to solve this and if there is any recomand any good cards that I can use?

Many single cards have dual DVI out...; you might be able to get by with one card, but you'll have to research the specs, to see if WIndows and the single card can span the desktop across two resolutions

If you truly wish the image to be simply duplicated on two more monitors, there might be DVI splitters available to save you the cost of another card...? I'll check pricewatch to see if they exist...

Edit: here is a 2 port splitter, so i suppose you'd need a pair of them? the dvi splitter does support up to 1600x1200

http://www.mycableshop.com/sku/MDVI-12.htm

Defiler

Distinguished
Mar 14, 2006
Thanks for the help,

I just have another Q or a cuple. If ur using a DVI splitter dose the quality of the picture get wors or is it still the sam quality??

And do u have any good graphic cards to recomand that have Dual DVI??

Thanks agian..

Many cards from even a 6600GT have dual DVI, and are avail for below $130...

The splitter (which is not cheap, btw) should not degrade the signal, as they are powered amplifier/splitters, and are used/advertised for x-amount of yard cable length capability...

Good luck with it