Combat Flight Simulator 3

Hi..

Is this game any good??

I mean is it something like FS2004, and so on...

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about combat flight simulator

    "Erik Selde" wrote:

    > Is this game any good??

    This is a question I ask myself everytime I play it.

    I would really sell my grandmother for a combat-flightsim, that
    would have all the nice things and flight-dynamics of FS9. I can't
    understand, that Microsoft has made CFS3 so "differently" from
    FS2004.

    There is an addon for CFS3, called "Firepower". It makes the
    sim a better place to be.

    http://www.pcgameworld.com/screenthumb.php/game/1774/Firepower/

    http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/firepower/

    > I mean is it something like FS2004, and so on...

    Leider nein.

    Gruß,
    Jan

    Firepower is ok
    but there are better freeware mods and tweaks that change the game and make
    it a hell of a lot better
    a few links for those that aint got em
    http://www.isoliti4gatti.com/
    http://www.italianwings.it/
    http://46th-designs.com/fp-repaints.htm
    http://www.geocities.com/cacforcfs3/
    http://www.avhistory.org/ better flight dynamics (as real as can be done)
    that replace the dodgy defaults
    http://www.sim-outhouse.com/~dakota/ Korea mod
    http://www.mudpond.us/

    "Jan Berg" <jan@epost.de> wrote in message
    > "Erik Selde" wrote:
    >
    > > Is this game any good??
    >
    > This is a question I ask myself everytime I play it.
    >
    > I would really sell my grandmother for a combat-flightsim, that
    > would have all the nice things and flight-dynamics of FS9. I can't
    > understand, that Microsoft has made CFS3 so "differently" from
    > FS2004.
    >
    > There is an addon for CFS3, called "Firepower". It makes the
    > sim a better place to be.
    >
    > http://www.pcgameworld.com/screenthumb.php/game/1774/Firepower/
    >
    > http://www.shockwaveproductions.com/firepower/
    >

    > > I mean is it something like FS2004, and so on...
    >
    > Leider nein.
    >
    > Gruß,
    > Jan

    It is nothing like fs2004, you get to shoot!
    Also the flight models and aircraft control is nothing like fs2004 (cfs3 is
    pretty basic).
    cfs3 really comes into its own when you play multiplayer though this seems
    to be dependant on the cfs3 server (?) being up and running. If the server
    is down forget multiplayer as it wont work (no LAN without logging into the
    gamespeak server or whatever they call it!)
    it is odd how the graphics really fire up when in multiplayer mode but don't
    seem to shine in singleplayer.
    I still play both but it is fs2004 that boggles the mind and impresses me.

    "Erik Selde" <erik.selde@mail.dk> wrote in message
    > Hi..
    >
    > Is this game any good??
    >
    > I mean is it something like FS2004, and so on...
    >
    > Thanks

Games Microsoft Video Games