IE - RAM vs HD Cache

I remember a while ago you used to be able to set the amount of RAM internet
explorer should use for its cache separately from the amount of hard disk
space it should use.

Can this still be set?

(OR was this all in my head and only a Netscape Navigator setting?)

null

Gareth Tuckwell wrote:

> I remember a while ago you used to be able to set the amount of RAM internet
> explorer should use for its cache separately from the amount of hard disk
> space it should use.
>
> Can this still be set?
>
> (OR was this all in my head and only a Netscape Navigator setting?)

The amount of cache set aside is the same thing as the amount of hard
disk space set aside.

posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
of this message.

No you used to be able to specify 2 values - one for RAM cache and another
for hard disk cache. Are these just combined now?

"null" <null@planetzero.com> wrote in message
> Gareth Tuckwell wrote:
>
> > I remember a while ago you used to be able to set the amount of RAM
internet
> > explorer should use for its cache separately from the amount of hard
disk
> > space it should use.
> >
> > Can this still be set?
> >
> > (OR was this all in my head and only a Netscape Navigator setting?)
> >

> The amount of cache set aside is the same thing as the amount of hard
> disk space set aside.
>
> --
> The reader should exercise normal caution and backup the Registry and
> data files regularly, and especially before making any changes to their
> PC, as well as performing regular virus and spyware scans. I am not
> liable for problems or mishaps that occur from the reader using advice
> posted here. No warranty, express or implied, is given with the posting
> of this message.

That was netscape 2. (maybe later versions but 2 was the last I used)

http://www.newmatilda.com/home/default.asp