Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

2210 - Explore on Avtive Sync doesn't show files!

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
Share
Anonymous
October 6, 2004 12:42:50 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Hi
Active Sync on my IPAQ 2210 has suddenly stopped showing files or
directories.

Synch still works etc.

Any advice?

Bob
Oh Pooh!
Anonymous
October 6, 2004 12:42:51 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

qubixcat wrote:

> Hi
> Active Sync on my IPAQ 2210 has suddenly stopped showing files or
> directories.
>
> Synch still works etc.
>
> Any advice?

Try a soft reset of your iPAQ.

--
Rob Borek
MCP, Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
Want *ONE ON ONE* support? http://www.pocketpcone2one.com
What is an MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
Anonymous
October 6, 2004 11:04:07 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 14:14:15 -0700, "Rob Borek [MS MVP]"
<r_borek@hotmail.com> wrote:

>qubixcat wrote:
>
>> Hi
>> Active Sync on my IPAQ 2210 has suddenly stopped showing files or
>> directories.
>>
>> Synch still works etc.
>>
>> Any advice?
>
>Try a soft reset of your iPAQ.


That was the first thing I done!

Any other ideas?

Q
Oh Pooh!
Related resources
Anonymous
October 6, 2004 11:04:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

qubixcat wrote:

> On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 14:14:15 -0700, "Rob Borek [MS MVP]"
> <r_borek@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>
>>qubixcat wrote:
>>
>>
>>>Hi
>>>Active Sync on my IPAQ 2210 has suddenly stopped showing files or
>>>directories.
>>>
>>>Synch still works etc.
>>>
>>>Any advice?
>>
>>Try a soft reset of your iPAQ.
>
>
>
> That was the first thing I done!
>
> Any other ideas?

Hard reset?

--
- Barry
Anonymous
October 6, 2004 11:04:08 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

qubixcat wrote:

> On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 14:14:15 -0700, "Rob Borek [MS MVP]"
> <r_borek@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
> > qubixcat wrote:
> >
> >> Hi
> >> Active Sync on my IPAQ 2210 has suddenly stopped showing files or
> >> directories.
> >>
> >> Synch still works etc.
> >>
> >> Any advice?
> >
> > Try a soft reset of your iPAQ.
>
>
> That was the first thing I done!
>
> Any other ideas?

Are you running any firewall programs?

--
Rob Borek
MCP, Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
Want *ONE ON ONE* support? http://www.pocketpcone2one.com
What is an MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 1:32:13 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 12:18:04 -0700, "Barry L. Wallis"
<KRQSAOQMNTXB@spammotel.com> wrote:

>qubixcat wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 14:14:15 -0700, "Rob Borek [MS MVP]"
>> <r_borek@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>
>>>qubixcat wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>>Hi
>>>>Active Sync on my IPAQ 2210 has suddenly stopped showing files or
>>>>directories.
>>>>
>>>>Synch still works etc.
>>>>
>>>>Any advice?
>>>
>>>Try a soft reset of your iPAQ.
>>
>>
>>
>> That was the first thing I done!
>>
>> Any other ideas?
>
>Hard reset?

Was hoping that I might not need to do that! Wanted to backup data
first, but can't see anything on explore! But you may be right, it
might be the only out!!

Q
Oh Pooh!
Anonymous
October 7, 2004 1:32:14 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

qubixcat wrote:

> On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 12:18:04 -0700, "Barry L. Wallis"
> <KRQSAOQMNTXB@spammotel.com> wrote:
>
>
>>qubixcat wrote:
>>
>>
>>>On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 14:14:15 -0700, "Rob Borek [MS MVP]"
>>><r_borek@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>qubixcat wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>>Hi
>>>>>Active Sync on my IPAQ 2210 has suddenly stopped showing files or
>>>>>directories.
>>>>>
>>>>>Synch still works etc.
>>>>>
>>>>>Any advice?
>>>>
>>>>Try a soft reset of your iPAQ.
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>That was the first thing I done!
>>>
>>>Any other ideas?
>>
>>Hard reset?
>
>
> Was hoping that I might not need to do that! Wanted to backup data
> first, but can't see anything on explore! But you may be right, it
> might be the only out!!

Can you see the files using the iPAQ Backup program? If so, you should
be able to back everything up with that.

--
- Barry as TDC Sorcerer
- Magical Manager of the Mysteriously Missing Main Street Magic Shop
- "The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious."
- Albert Einstein
- DCA Pictures: http://members.cox.net/barry.wallis
- Latest AlllEarsNet article: http://allearsnet.com/tp/dca/tot_pre.htm
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 12:27:42 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

On Wed, 06 Oct 2004 14:41:23 -0700, "Rob Borek [MS MVP]"
<r_borek@hotmail.com> wrote:

>qubixcat wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 05 Oct 2004 14:14:15 -0700, "Rob Borek [MS MVP]"
>> <r_borek@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > qubixcat wrote:
>> >
>> >> Hi
>> >> Active Sync on my IPAQ 2210 has suddenly stopped showing files or
>> >> directories.
>> >>
>> >> Synch still works etc.
>> >>
>> >> Any advice?
>> >
>> > Try a soft reset of your iPAQ.
>>
>>
>> That was the first thing I done!
>>
>> Any other ideas?
>
>Are you running any firewall programs?


Good call
Yes, I'm running Norton Internet Security 2005 on a XP Home with SP2.
I'm not sure what part of the firewall maybe preventing the file
visibility! I've disabled NIS but still no luck. So it must/could be
the SP2, but as NIS is running XP firewal is disabled.
Any advice?

Q
Oh Pooh!
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 12:27:43 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

qubixcat wrote:

> Good call
> Yes, I'm running Norton Internet Security 2005 on a XP Home with SP2.
> I'm not sure what part of the firewall maybe preventing the file
> visibility! I've disabled NIS but still no luck. So it must/could be
> the SP2, but as NIS is running XP firewal is disabled.
> Any advice?

Have you tried reinstalling ActiveSync? Also, can you ensure that
ActiveSync in NIS has full server privileges (the ability to connect in
and out on any port, TCP or UDP)?

--
Rob Borek
MCP, Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
Want *ONE ON ONE* support? http://www.pocketpcone2one.com
What is an MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
Anonymous
October 8, 2004 11:42:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

On Thu, 07 Oct 2004 14:11:22 -0700, "Rob Borek [MS MVP]"
<r_borek@hotmail.com> wrote:

>qubixcat wrote:
>
>> Good call
>> Yes, I'm running Norton Internet Security 2005 on a XP Home with SP2.
>> I'm not sure what part of the firewall maybe preventing the file
>> visibility! I've disabled NIS but still no luck. So it must/could be
>> the SP2, but as NIS is running XP firewal is disabled.
>> Any advice?
>
>Have you tried reinstalling ActiveSync? Also, can you ensure that
>ActiveSync in NIS has full server privileges (the ability to connect in
>and out on any port, TCP or UDP)?

Yes tried reinstalling Active Synch. I've turned NIS off and it made
no difference. I'd like to know how to effect the settings you
recomend in NIS though?

Q
Oh Pooh!
Anonymous
October 12, 2004 8:54:16 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

qubixcat wrote:

> Yes tried reinstalling Active Synch. I've turned NIS off and it made
> no difference. I'd like to know how to effect the settings you
> recomend in NIS though?

The settings give ActiveSync the ability to connect on all ports to
your desktop computer - ActiveSync uses TCP/IP to connect to your
device, so it encounters problems with firewalls on computers.

--
Rob Borek
MCP, Microsoft MVP - Mobile Devices
Want *ONE ON ONE* support? http://www.pocketpcone2one.com
What is an MVP? http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
!