Controller alternatives

You can find the Logitech Rumblepad 2 for dirt cheap at places ...

Xbox 360 controller is good as well but way more expensive.

Another alternative is a PS2 Dual Shock controller with PS2/USB converter
5 answers Last reply
More about controller alternatives
  1. Quote:
    You can find the Logitech Rumblepad 2 for dirt cheap at places ...

Xbox 360 controller is good as well but way more expensive.

Another alternative is a PS2 Dual Shock controller with PS2/USB converter

Cheers. Do you have experience of using any of these contollers, and do you have a personal favourite?

I'm a little reticent to buy another Logitech, since I imagine the Rumblepad is just a Dual Action with even more components to go wrong.

XBox 360 controller - do these not need an adaptor? My local game store was selling Xbox360 to USB converters? (At least, I THINK it was XBox360 to USB, but maybe it was XBox to USB... :oops: ) Also, does windows recognise them?

I'm reluctant to use adaptors as all the reviews I've read of them say they are poo (axis "flickering" etc).
  2. Found this, which may be of interest...

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/hardware/XBOX-360-controller-PC-ftopict177697.html

Looks like I can get an Xbox360 controller! Yay!
  3. I bought it! See

I just bought one - see:

http://forumz.tomshardware.com/games/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=563826#563826

To answer my own question - it has 4 shoulder buttons. Two are "buttons" and 2 are "triggers" but the triggers work just like buttons in ProEvo (only game I've tested so far) even though the Windows GameController applet calls it the z-axis.
  4. I have been using an XBOX360 controller on my pc for about a week. It works really well in the couple of games that I have played, NFS: MW and SC: CT, whereas my Saitek P2500 controller didn't work with SC. The only problem that I have had is that there is absolutely no rumble :cry: with the controller. I hope that Microsoft releases new drivers soon that take advantages of the force feedback.
Ask a new question

Read More

PlayStation Controller Components