Newbie Questions

Last response: in Video Games
May 30, 2005 1:44:32 PM

Hi All

I have been scanning this ng for a while but cannot see a FAQ or Charter
etc....Can anyone point me in the direction of one?

I used to be a flight sim fan many moons ago and i'm considering getting
back into it, though I have many basic questions before I do......

thanks in advance

Paul

More about : newbie questions

May 30, 2005 1:44:33 PM

"Paul Whitewick" <paulandnicky@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 7ena0$fp9$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> Hi All
>
> I have been scanning this ng for a while but cannot see a FAQ or Charter
> etc....Can anyone point me in the direction of one?
>
> I used to be a flight sim fan many moons ago and i'm considering getting
> back into it, though I have many basic questions before I do......
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Paul

Not sure if there is one for this NG but a good FAQ for flight sim can be
found here on the left side

http://simflight.com/

Bill (not connected to them :-))
May 30, 2005 9:08:12 PM

Here's my short list of FAQS:
FS2004 support FAQs
FS FAQ at http://www.simflight.com
http://www.fskb.net/Wiki.jsp
http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=flightsim2004faq
http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/

--
....Carl Frisk
Anger is a brief madness.

"Paul Whitewick" <paulandnicky@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message news:D 7ena0$fp9$1@nwrdmz03.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> Hi All
>
> I have been scanning this ng for a while but cannot see a FAQ or Charter etc....Can anyone point me in the direction
> of one?
>
> I used to be a flight sim fan many moons ago and i'm considering getting back into it, though I have many basic
> questions before I do......
>
> thanks in advance
>
> Paul
Anonymous
May 30, 2005 10:28:41 PM

This isn't a FAQ link but, since you've been away for a while, it does
list almost all the current FS sites available on the web.
http://www.tony.smiths.btinternet.co.uk/fsgate1.html

----------------------

"Paul Whitewick" <paulandnicky@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D 7fm0o$qd$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
> Carl Frisk wrote:
>> Here's my short list of FAQS:
>> FS2004 support FAQs
>> FS FAQ at http://www.simflight.com
>> http://www.fskb.net/Wiki.jsp
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=flightsim2004faq
>> http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/
>>

> Brilliant thank you all, that should keep me going for some time now....
Anonymous
May 31, 2005 5:07:56 AM

Tony Smiths is very good. If you have any questions feel free to ask them
here. Most of these people who are here are very knowledgeable and will
gladly help you with most problems.

Including newbie problems.

Mark G
Not4wood
TransInternational Airlines

"Trip Lane" <Trip@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> This isn't a FAQ link but, since you've been away for a while, it does
> list almost all the current FS sites available on the web.
> http://www.tony.smiths.btinternet.co.uk/fsgate1.html
>
> ----------------------
>

> "Paul Whitewick" <paulandnicky@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
> news:D 7fm0o$qd$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...
>> Carl Frisk wrote:
>>> Here's my short list of FAQS:
>>> FS2004 support FAQs
>>> FS FAQ at http://www.simflight.com
>>> http://www.fskb.net/Wiki.jsp
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=flightsim2004faq
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/
>>>

>> Brilliant thank you all, that should keep me going for some time now....

Anonymous
May 31, 2005 8:15:33 PM

Not4wood wrote:
> Tony Smiths is very good. If you have any questions feel free to ask them
> here. Most of these people who are here are very knowledgeable and will
> gladly help you with most problems.
>
> Including newbie problems.
>
> Mark G
> Not4wood
> TransInternational Airlines
>

> "Trip Lane" <Trip@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>
>> This isn't a FAQ link but, since you've been away for a while, it does
>>list almost all the current FS sites available on the web.
>>http://www.tony.smiths.btinternet.co.uk/fsgate1.html
>>
>>----------------------
>>

>>"Paul Whitewick" <paulandnicky@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
>>news:D 7fm0o$qd$1@nwrdmz01.dmz.ncs.ea.ibs-infra.bt.com...

>>>Brilliant thank you all, that should keep me going for some time now....

Thanks again all, I have just purchased FS2004 and feel like a small
child at Christmas......I am sure I will be posting many newbie
questions....

Thanks

Paul
June 1, 2005 1:05:31 AM

Paul Whitewick wrote:

> Thanks again all, I have just purchased FS2004 and feel like a small
> child at Christmas......I am sure I will be posting many newbie
> questions....
>
> Thanks
>
> Paul

I had the very same feeling. I opened so many presents I had to get an
additional 250GHz Hard Drive. Downloading is great fun and there is so
much quality freeware that I download more than fly anymore. :)

--

(Smiling) boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
June 1, 2005 1:21:40 AM

Yes indeed. Owning FS2004 is both an open door to all the freebies, and an
excuse to stop buying expensive presents for your family in order to feed
this new and delicious habit :-)

Quilljar
see http://client.webshots.com/album/194691959rhDQFi
Do not reply personally, all such emails go into my spam filter
June 1, 2005 8:22:40 AM

"boB"
>>Downloading is great fun and there is so
> much quality freeware that I download more than fly anymore. :)

Don't forget the story of Winnie the Pooh who ate so much honey he couldn't
get out of his house. :-)

Dallas
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 2:49:04 AM

Dallas wrote:
> "boB"
>
>>>Downloading is great fun and there is so
>>
>>much quality freeware that I download more than fly anymore. :)
>

> Don't forget the story of Winnie the Pooh who ate so much honey he couldn't
> get out of his house. :-)
>
> Dallas

I have the same problem, spend a while downloading then just as much (if
not more)time trying to figure out which is the latest version, some
sites tend to rename the zip files (not the contents) and it is real
time consuming deciding which replaces what.
It would be real nice if the "readme.txt" file ALWAYS contained
dates/prereqs/exclusions/obsoleted files etc. Which I guess on
reflection would reduce the amount of time I need to spend on the
addons, and would have to really start flying. Or let my wife get onto
her genealogy which is the other half of the use of our PC.
LindsayM

June 2, 2005 2:49:05 AM

"Lindsay"
> Or let my wife get onto
> her genealogy which is the other half of the use of our PC.

Here, let me save her some time:

Adam and Eve.

:-)

Dallas
June 2, 2005 2:49:06 AM

Dallas wrote:
> "Lindsay"
>
>>Or let my wife get onto
>>her genealogy which is the other half of the use of our PC.

Here's the solution I found. Get her her own computer. Now to ask her a
question I have to send her an e-mail.

--

(Smiling) boB,
SAG 70

U.S. Army Aviation (retired)
June 2, 2005 9:34:53 AM

Hi Varmit,

Corker, mate!

That should save a few dollars when the Chart is printed and framed. :-)

Regards,
John Ward

!