Newbie Questions

Hi All

I have been scanning this ng for a while but cannot see a FAQ or Charter
etc....Can anyone point me in the direction of one?

I used to be a flight sim fan many moons ago and i'm considering getting
back into it, though I have many basic questions before I do......

thanks in advance

Paul
14 answers Last reply
More about newbie questions

    "Paul Whitewick" <paulandnicky@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Hi All
    >
    > I have been scanning this ng for a while but cannot see a FAQ or Charter
    > etc....Can anyone point me in the direction of one?
    >
    > I used to be a flight sim fan many moons ago and i'm considering getting
    > back into it, though I have many basic questions before I do......
    >
    > thanks in advance
    >
    > Paul

    Not sure if there is one for this NG but a good FAQ for flight sim can be
    found here on the left side

    http://simflight.com/

    Bill (not connected to them :-))

    Here are all the FS 2004 FAQ pages that Google will find for you

    http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rls=GGLD,GGLD:2005-12,GGLD:en&q=FS2004+FAQ

    Quilljar
    see http://client.webshots.com/album/194691959rhDQFi
    Do not reply personally, all such emails go into my spam filter

    Here's my short list of FAQS:
    FS2004 support FAQs
    FS FAQ at http://www.simflight.com
    http://www.fskb.net/Wiki.jsp
    http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=flightsim2004faq
    http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/

    --
    ....Carl Frisk
    Anger is a brief madness.

    Carl Frisk wrote:
    > Here's my short list of FAQS:
    > FS2004 support FAQs
    > FS FAQ at http://www.simflight.com
    > http://www.fskb.net/Wiki.jsp
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=flightsim2004faq
    > http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/

    Brilliant thank you all, that should keep me going for some time now....

    This isn't a FAQ link but, since you've been away for a while, it does
    list almost all the current FS sites available on the web.
    http://www.tony.smiths.btinternet.co.uk/fsgate1.html

    ----------------------

    > Carl Frisk wrote:
    >> Here's my short list of FAQS:
    >> FS2004 support FAQs
    >> FS FAQ at http://www.simflight.com
    >> http://www.fskb.net/Wiki.jsp
    >> http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=flightsim2004faq
    >> http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/
    >>

    > Brilliant thank you all, that should keep me going for some time now....

    Tony Smiths is very good. If you have any questions feel free to ask them
    here. Most of these people who are here are very knowledgeable and will
    gladly help you with most problems.

    Including newbie problems.

    Mark G
    Not4wood
    TransInternational Airlines

    Not4wood wrote:
    > Tony Smiths is very good. If you have any questions feel free to ask them
    > here. Most of these people who are here are very knowledgeable and will
    > gladly help you with most problems.
    >
    > Including newbie problems.
    >
    > Mark G
    > Not4wood
    > TransInternational Airlines
    >

    > "Trip Lane" <Trip@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >
    >> This isn't a FAQ link but, since you've been away for a while, it does
    >>list almost all the current FS sites available on the web.
    >>http://www.tony.smiths.btinternet.co.uk/fsgate1.html
    >>
    >>----------------------
    >>

    >>"Paul Whitewick" <paulandnicky@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

    >>>Brilliant thank you all, that should keep me going for some time now....

    Thanks again all, I have just purchased FS2004 and feel like a small
    child at Christmas......I am sure I will be posting many newbie
    questions....

    Thanks

    Paul

    Paul Whitewick wrote:

    > Thanks again all, I have just purchased FS2004 and feel like a small
    > child at Christmas......I am sure I will be posting many newbie
    > questions....
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Paul

    I had the very same feeling. I opened so many presents I had to get an
    additional 250GHz Hard Drive. Downloading is great fun and there is so
    much quality freeware that I download more than fly anymore. :)

    --

    (Smiling) boB,
    SAG 70

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    Yes indeed. Owning FS2004 is both an open door to all the freebies, and an
    excuse to stop buying expensive presents for your family in order to feed
    this new and delicious habit :-)

    Quilljar
    see http://client.webshots.com/album/194691959rhDQFi
    Do not reply personally, all such emails go into my spam filter

    "boB"
    >>Downloading is great fun and there is so
    > much quality freeware that I download more than fly anymore. :)

    Don't forget the story of Winnie the Pooh who ate so much honey he couldn't
    get out of his house. :-)

    Dallas

    Dallas wrote:
    > "boB"
    >
    >>>Downloading is great fun and there is so
    >>
    >>much quality freeware that I download more than fly anymore. :)
    >

    > Don't forget the story of Winnie the Pooh who ate so much honey he couldn't
    > get out of his house. :-)
    >
    > Dallas

    I have the same problem, spend a while downloading then just as much (if
    not more)time trying to figure out which is the latest version, some
    sites tend to rename the zip files (not the contents) and it is real
    time consuming deciding which replaces what.
    It would be real nice if the "readme.txt" file ALWAYS contained
    dates/prereqs/exclusions/obsoleted files etc. Which I guess on
    reflection would reduce the amount of time I need to spend on the
    addons, and would have to really start flying. Or let my wife get onto
    her genealogy which is the other half of the use of our PC.
    LindsayM

    "Lindsay"
    > Or let my wife get onto
    > her genealogy which is the other half of the use of our PC.

    Here, let me save her some time:

    Adam and Eve.

    :-)

    Dallas

    Dallas wrote:
    > "Lindsay"
    >
    >>Or let my wife get onto
    >>her genealogy which is the other half of the use of our PC.

    Here's the solution I found. Get her her own computer. Now to ask her a
    question I have to send her an e-mail.

    --

    (Smiling) boB,
    SAG 70

    U.S. Army Aviation (retired)

    Hi Varmit,

    Corker, mate!

    That should save a few dollars when the Chart is printed and framed. :-)

    Regards,
    John Ward
    > "Lindsay"
    >> Or let my wife get onto
    >> her genealogy which is the other half of the use of our PC.
    >
    > Here, let me save her some time:
    >
    > Adam and Eve.
    >
    > :-)
    >
    > Dallas