K8N Neo 4 Platinum - Onboard Audio

taimur

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
I have the MSI K8N Neo 4 Platinum MOBO and i use the Onboard sound.

http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec.asp?model=K8N_Neo4_Platinum&class=mb

The problem i face is in some ways unique. I play World of Warcraft "allot" and me and my game buddies all get on ventrillo and voice chat with each other while we are playing. Half the time if you cant get on Venmtrillo you cant play with them on Guild raids (20-40 man).

the problem..

For some reason if i am speaking and someone else speaks.. .or the other way around, the person gets an insane amount of feedback... they hear themselves speaking.... (affect is just as it would be if i put my mic on the speakers and a loop back affect is created)

Some ppl said that it could be a sound mixing issue with the onboard sound... can some one guide me on how i can fix this? my internet is slow so i wanted to ask the question here before i went on to download 31MBs of sound/chipset driver update. i looked through the update notes and it does not mention any mixing fix.

taimur

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2006
Well here is another odd thing that i noted:

if i mute my mic it does not work for voice. i have to leave it unmuted if i want to use voice while playing etc. This did not happen before i got this motherboard. Also i double checked my laptop running the game and vetrillo the mic is always set to mute.

I checked to see if i can select a different direct sound audio device. it shows the same "AC97 ACL 650 etc" shouldnt it also offer "microsfot Direct Sound" or someting? (not sure about this one)

Our ventrillo settings are below in case you want to check it out at your end - its a small client installation file... server ip and port are also listed here

http://www.crimsonrealm.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1582

Pyo

Distinguished
Mar 7, 2006
ARRRGHHH!!!!! I have the same problem with my motherboard the stuupid onboard sound doenst work properly when it comes to the mic support. Also have the same problem with muting the thing, when muted it doesnt work properly/at all.

Any suggestions.

What i had to do is set my noise suppression on, take off mute, boost mic had to turn that on. It works but i still get some feedback but its not working as i would like it to work.

HELP PLEASE!!!!