Wake up dudes!

eyimbo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
hey all,

i know this isn't really intel or amd, hdd or ram.so i apologise but does anyone know where i can get the loudest alarm clock in the world? or a good way to get up in the morning in time for work?

FITCamaro

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2006
Buy a 500W stereo with an alarm clock on it and set it at full volume. My nearly 10 year old stereo not even at max volume does a fine job of getting my ass out of bed in the morning. As long as you don't listen to some sissy crap.

samir_nayanajaad

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2006
Buy a 500W stereo with an alarm clock on it and set it at full volume.

Defiantly the solution, my alarm is my 475 watt system that’s pushing somewhere above 500w because I hooked up two extra 12' subs in a box from a car system in addition to the two 8' subs it has stock. Yeah shakes my whole house, windows, cabinet doors rattle. Even though it’s only stereo I use it for my pc sound, by god when something gets blown up in a game my neighbors a quarter of a mile away know. The best thing, in cod2 if a grenade blows up next to me, I actually go def for a while. (I live out in the middle of nowhere, no disturbing the peace, but no dsl either)

eyimbo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
Thanx guys for the posts,

yeah i thought of a stero and some speakers, but i haver a problem with getting to sleep with noises, and yes a hifi and speakers even when not playing music does my head in, clocky looks good, too bad it's not avaliable yet! dude, i think you ought to turn your system down a little, it's gonna really damage your hearings! if your neighboroughs a 1/4 mile away can hear it, god knows what your wife/girlfriend thinks!

clue69less

Splendid
Mar 2, 2006
I'm not sure how loud it is, but you may want to check out this alarm clock from thinkgeek.com.

I think I'll get two of those for the younger son.

For me, an alarm clock modified to deliver short bursts of 110V A/C to the thin skin between the toes seems to do the trick. Ever seen an old fat man dance like his feet are on fire?

penguin_d

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2006
Try attaching those electrodes to the scrotum to add that EXTRA jolt to your morning routine... :twisted:

Amazingly, my solution was to remove the radio from my alarm clock and install a buzzer calibrated to about 2kHz... Oh my... at about 70DB that can wake anyone up...

(2KHz is pretty close to the resonace of the human skull... )

hongkongphuey

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2006
Wake up like a Rambo FPS player....

Set your alarm for like 4:30AM.... then set your stereo to full volume and insert your "Sounds of War" disc and let er rip.

CHEEZball

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
the crappy thing is no matter how loud it is you'll eventually get used to it. I have that problem :(

I set my alarm clock across the room, it gets so annoying I can't sleep through it anymore and have to get up and turn it off, then your up!

ChipDeath

Splendid
May 16, 2002
I ended up moving my alarm clock around every night, or I'd effectively turn it off in my sleep.

These days I simply don't use one. I wake up at around the proper time. Even if I need to get up early for a flight or something, I'll wake before the alarm goes off (I do set one for those occasions, just in case).

My subconscious obviously has a great sense of time. 8)

TurricaN_BEL_

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2006
LOL :twisted: , you guys seem to have lotsa problems getting up..
I dont need an alarm at all , if my wife doesnt "wake" me up to do my duty in marriage then itll be my cat, begging for her "7 o Clock Breakfast" licking my face until I DO wake up.
Best black&white four pawed alarm you can wish for. :D

Anoobis

Splendid
Feb 4, 2006
On a related note.

My friend told me that he and his girlfriend have separate alarm clocks because they had different work schedules. She used to tell him what time she was going to set her's to go off at. As a joke, on his days off he would set his to go off a few minutes before hers.

EXtreme-Gamer

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2006
I dont need an alarm to wake me on because when I was a small boy I used the alarm clock a lot and one Saturday mrning the****** thing woke me up because I forgot to turn it off because I slept at at like 1:30 a.m and it woke me up at 5:30A.M,you know what that means right ? I got so angry that I took the my baseball bat and I hit it so strong that it went outta my room and from that day I automatically wake up at 7:00 a.m for school if I sleep before 12:00p.m .I use a very low noise alarm that wakes me up directly but very peacefully

CHEEZball

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
lol my ex did that once...forgot to turn it off. He grabbed it and threw it across the room...forgetting he was laying down. It rebounded off the ceiling and wacked him in the face

so freaking funny...i woke up and nearly peed the bed!

eyimbo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
Thanx again for all the post,

yeah the most interesting one has to be the 2hz one.... hmmm... won't recommend the shocking electrode one tho... still young, maybe alright when i turn 78... I THINK THE problem is that whatever i do i always find a way to defeat it, such as alarm clocks, great, but i'm so use to them nowadays i think i can automaticlly turn it off and unclick snooze even while i'm asleep! i need something that i can't control, such as a dominatrix girlfriend who takes no command and constantly carries a wipe and walks around in PVC and leather... if anyone have any ideas at all, however rediculous please let me know, cos being late for work is gonna get me fired soon!

pmr

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2006
hey all,

i know this isn't really intel or amd, hdd or ram.so i apologise but does anyone know where i can get the loudest alarm clock in the world? or a good way to get up in the morning in time for work?
Get a dog who pees at 7.30 AM and calls you to open the backyard door. Mine does it.

eyimbo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
hey all,

Get a dog who pees at 7.30 AM and calls you to open the backyard door. Mine does it.

yeah, except i live in a flat... can't have pets.... tahnx tho

eyimbo

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2006
Thanx again for all the post,

yeah the most interesting one has to be the 2hz one.... hmmm... won't recommend the shocking electrode one tho... still young, maybe alright when i turn 78... I THINK THE problem is that whatever i do i always find a way to defeat it, such as alarm clocks, great, but i'm so use to them nowadays i think i can automaticlly turn it off and unclick snooze even while i'm asleep! i need something that i can't control, such as a dominatrix girlfriend who takes no command and constantly carries a wipe and walks around in PVC and leather... if anyone have any ideas at all, however rediculous please let me know, cos being late for work is gonna get me fired soon!

the best alarm clock ever -
http://www.mcmurrayhatchery.com/product/rose_comb_brown_leghorns.html

believe me - i own 2 of these ... and hell they can wake you up :D

oh now you're just talking the mickey

illicitsc

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
get one of those cd player alarm clocks, max the volume, set it to a tune u absolutely hate, and BAM ur up so fast to turn the noisy shit off lol