GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H (rev. 1.0)
- BIOS F3
Athlon II 245
- stock
G.Skill DDR3 1333
- stock
Seagate 500GB
Antec 380W PSU

I've wiped the HD, Prime tested the CPU, and Memtest + the RAM (all via UBD)
I've installed Windows 7 Pro x64 (which I would like to stay with, but I have the option to use x86).
I can install and get to the desktop, but whenever I restart I would get random BSOD; everything from memory errors to driver errors. However, another restart and everythings fine. I download drivers from the Gigabyte site and installed the ATI display/chipset driver (restart BSOD, driver ACHI.sys?). I upgraded the BIOS to F3 via QFlash(BSOD rdyboost.sys) Now I even tried to put in my win 7 disk and preform a repair and I get a NSFT.sys STOP 0x00000024. I've tried multiple different installs and wipes and now I'm getting a sector error in Boot & Nuke, but Seagate tools says everything is fine.

Final note for today... The HD I'm using was in a ReadyNAS Duo for 1 year and the last SMART check I did before pulling it from the unit said it had 2 unallocated errors, far below a damaged drive. I do not know what todo. I will try another wipe and install this time using the Gigabyte SATA drivers (preload) although why would the system be able to install with generic drivers if I needed to do this.

Please give me suggestions anything would be great.

-jt
9 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about ma785gpmt ud2h bsod drivers
  1. from what you have said I think that there is not much to add, wiping the drive is mandatory and do a fresh install, the only issue that I see maybe the ATI video card, I am stil running Nvidea stuff because they (ATI) seem to have a lot of driver issues
  2. So I'm back at it after some thought... I'm trying some newer drivers I found, not the ones on the supplied disk, for the SATA controller, however the windows installer doesn't show them until I uncheck the "compatible hardware drivers only" box... normal?!? I'll keep this posted for anyone watching...

-jt
  3. no go , switching over to Windows 7 x86...

~*comment repressed*~

-jt
  4. So I know I'm digging up an old post, but instead of re-telling my story I'll just continue....

I was able to finally get a good install of Windows 7 Pro (x64) with the above mentioned hardware. However, I cannot properly use any energy saving techniques (sleep, hibernate) because upon restart from either (or even a normal restart) I get occational driver BSoD...

I just want to know if any else has had any luck with a different combination of drivers

Display: ATI Radeon HD 4200 -- 8.671.0.0 (11/4/2009)
    LAN: realtek PCIe GBE -- 7.6.820.2009 (8/20/2009)
  5. This is a bump because I still am having BSoD issues and there hasn't been much development... just looking to see if anyone else has problems
  6. Best answer
    Check with Realtek.com, it seems latest drivers available (1/20/2010).

Try installing ATI Catalyst™ 10.1 Suite for Windows 7 (1/27/2010)
  7. Best answer selected by taylorjes.
  8. Driver's helped, still returned the board for faulty SATA ports
  9. Thanks for selecting as best answer!
    Happy to see your system woking fine & your Problems solved :)
    You are always welcome to this forum with any kind of system problems! :)
    We are here to help you any time :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Drivers Blue Screen Windows 7