Need AI wizzo!

Last response: in Video Games
May 31, 2005 1:20:53 PM

Hi simmers,

A while ago I downloaded the Lockheed 049a "Constellation" from John Howard
White, FSDZigns www.fsdzigns.com : fsdzl049a_v1.zip. I have two questions.

1. During start-up a quite heavy, but not too unrealistic amount of smoke is
produced. Strange enough the AI traffic, no matter what type, is producing
smoke as well. Not the same and it is quite persistent!? How to get this
fixed?

2. Knowing I may get strange behaviour, I use one the three liveries for AI.
Looks great, but it only flies straight ahead and will not turn? Traffic
Toolbox map shows it wants to turn, but it just keeps moving with 250 kts at
2000'. I guess I need to change something in its airfile, but what?

Thanks

Loek

More about : wizzo

Anonymous
May 31, 2005 9:27:36 PM

Hi Loek~

I dont know about the smoke...but I have an idea about the flying.

Tom Gibson is probably the guy that can answer this most efficiently.

But for a test, why not substitute an AI propliner airfile from his
Calclassics site and put it in the Connie folder. I dont think there is
a Connie AI file now, but I can find out.

I will test this myself.

cheers,

pepys

L. Mulder wrote:
> Hi simmers,
>
> A while ago I downloaded the Lockheed 049a "Constellation" from John Howard
> White, FSDZigns www.fsdzigns.com : fsdzl049a_v1.zip. I have two questions.
>
> 1. During start-up a quite heavy, but not too unrealistic amount of smoke is
> produced. Strange enough the AI traffic, no matter what type, is producing
> smoke as well. Not the same and it is quite persistent!? How to get this
> fixed?
>
> 2. Knowing I may get strange behaviour, I use one the three liveries for AI.
> Looks great, but it only flies straight ahead and will not turn? Traffic
> Toolbox map shows it wants to turn, but it just keeps moving with 250 kts at
> 2000'. I guess I need to change something in its airfile, but what?
>
> Thanks
>
> Loek
Anonymous
June 2, 2005 7:34:27 PM

Hi Loek~
Tom Gibson's AI propliners use the default 737-400 airfile, too, I just
saw that while inspecting the AI connie.

drop that file in the AI folder and change the sim= line to:

sim=Boeing737-400

trying this tonite myself.

pepys
Anonymous
June 6, 2005 6:28:07 PM

Hi,

Pepys has answered most of the questions, but I will attempt the rest.

1. I don't know why this should be happening - it's not happening to
me. Normally AI don't display things from the Effects section - only
the Lights section of the aircraft.cfg file. Did you add anything to
the planes' Lights section?

2. You indeed need to replace the AIR file with the default 373-400 AIR
file. Either rename it to match the original AIR file, or change the
sim= line in the plane's aircraft.cfg file to match the 737's AIR filename.

Hope this helps,

--
Tom Gibson
Cal Classic Propliners www.calclassic.com