Canon IP3000 - ink takes forever to dry!

But why did Kodak semi gloss 2 sided paper dry fast on the Canon
S830D? If Canon didn't like Kodak paper, I would have had the same
'wet ink' problem with that printer, and it was never a problem.
4 answers Last reply
More about canon ip3000 takes forever

    Steve wrote:
    > But why did Kodak semi gloss 2 sided paper dry fast on the Canon
    > S830D? If Canon didn't like Kodak paper, I would have had the same
    > 'wet ink' problem with that printer, and it was never a problem.

    You arfe assuming that ALL the Canon inks are identical to each other.

    Therefore, ALL Canon printers will print equally well on Kodak paper....

    But, if NOT ALL the Canon inks are the same, then not all Canon printers
    will print equally well on Kodak paper.

    I am willing to assume that NOT ALL Canon inks are the same.

    I don't know much about inks, but I ain't stupid enough to assume that
    they are all the same.

    Jim

    "Steve" <wheresmyprecious@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > But why did Kodak semi gloss 2 sided paper dry fast on the Canon
    > S830D? If Canon didn't like Kodak paper, I would have had the same
    > 'wet ink' problem with that printer, and it was never a problem.

    Try a few sheets of Canon paper to see if you do/still have a problem.

    Except for the BCI-3BK which is used for text printing, the other three
    cartridges are the same as used in the S830D.
    --
    Ron Cohen

    "jbuch" <jbuch@CUTHERErevealed.net> wrote in message
    > Steve wrote:
    >> But why did Kodak semi gloss 2 sided paper dry fast on the Canon
    >> S830D? If Canon didn't like Kodak paper, I would have had the same
    >> 'wet ink' problem with that printer, and it was never a problem.
    >

    > You arfe assuming that ALL the Canon inks are identical to each other.
    >
    > Therefore, ALL Canon printers will print equally well on Kodak paper....
    >
    > But, if NOT ALL the Canon inks are the same, then not all Canon printers
    > will print equally well on Kodak paper.
    >

    > I am willing to assume that NOT ALL Canon inks are the same.
    >

    > I don't know much about inks, but I ain't stupid enough to assume that
    > they are all the same.
    >
    > Jim

    Greetings Jim,

    You are right, each printer may have different ink and disperse it
    differently. Kodak has gone to the trouble of testing every printer that is
    released and provides detailed suggestions for printer driver settings based
    on the type of Kodak paper being used. You can find this on the following
    site.

    http://www.kodak.com/go/inkjet

    Look for the Printer Settings option at the left of the noted URL.

    Talk to you soon,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company

    "jbuch" <jbuch@CUTHERErevealed.net> wrote in message
    > Steve wrote:
    > > But why did Kodak semi gloss 2 sided paper dry fast on the Canon
    > > S830D? If Canon didn't like Kodak paper, I would have had the same
    > > 'wet ink' problem with that printer, and it was never a problem.
    >

    > You arfe assuming that ALL the Canon inks are identical to each other.
    >
    > Therefore, ALL Canon printers will print equally well on Kodak paper....
    >
    > But, if NOT ALL the Canon inks are the same, then not all Canon printers
    > will print equally well on Kodak paper.
    >

    > I am willing to assume that NOT ALL Canon inks are the same.
    >

    > I don't know much about inks, but I ain't stupid enough to assume that
    > they are all the same.
    >
    > Jim

Printers Canon Kodak Peripherals