I'm trying to VPN into my home computer from my office. Home computer is
Windows 2000. Office computer is Windows XP Pro SP2. Home is on cable,
office is on DSL. When I tunnel into the home computer, the VPN
connection is established very quickly and shows up in the system tray
in each computer. I cannot ping anything, including IP addresses, on the
home computer from the office computer.

Home computer: 192.168.1.49
Office computer: 192.168.4.49
NIC on office: 192.168.1.103

There are several shared folders on the home computer. These folders are
visible over the LAN from other computers at home.

The firewall is not enabled on the office computer. There is no software
firewall on the home computer. Port 1723 TCP is forwarded through the
Netgear router to the home computer and through the Linksys router to
the office computer.

I have tried Start | Run \\computer_name\share, but the folder is not
found. The same is true with \\192.168.1.49\share or \\192.168.1.49\c$.
Suggestions for a solution?

You may wish to investigate the Linksys Knowledge Base:

http://kb.linksys.com/

Sincerely,

Brad Reese
BradReese.Com Cisco Resource Center