Help needed with bgl files

Good evening all

Recently I installed some Stansted scenery but found (when starting FS9)
that my planes were a bit off-centre on the runways. Worse still was when I
was (again starting FS9) at the terminal, my plane would be half buried in
the building.

I've taken a couple of screenshots to show the problem....

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/potter55/EGSSbefore.jpg
shows the plane off-centre with the scenery installed

I then removed an AF2...bgl file and took the next screen-shot,
no difference that I can see
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/potter55/EGSSafter.jpg

Then I re-installed the AF2....bgl file and took out the new scenery folder
and this is what I got-
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/potter55/EGSSafter2.jpg

Now the plane is centred OK, so how can I get the plane centred but with the
new scenery? (although the default taxiways look better with hold markings I
must admit)

A list of all EGSS bgl files on my pc is here-
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/potter55/EGSSbgl.jpg

Any help/pointers/suggestions/advice etc. very welcome.

Dave

The AF2 file is faulty. That is what controls the position and altitude of
the runway/taxiways and other "paved" areas.

Perhaps you could correct it with AFCAD,..or wait for the person who wrote
it to figure out they screwed it up and correct it themselves.

--

Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
www.wandtv.com

"Dave Potter" <potter55@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Good evening all
>
> Recently I installed some Stansted scenery but found (when starting FS9)
> that my planes were a bit off-centre on the runways. Worse still was when
> was (again starting FS9) at the terminal, my plane would be half buried in
> the building.
>
> I've taken a couple of screenshots to show the problem....
>
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/potter55/EGSSbefore.jpg
> shows the plane off-centre with the scenery installed
>
> I then removed an AF2...bgl file and took the next screen-shot,
> no difference that I can see
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/potter55/EGSSafter.jpg
>
> Then I re-installed the AF2....bgl file and took out the new scenery
folder
> and this is what I got-
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/potter55/EGSSafter2.jpg
>
> Now the plane is centred OK, so how can I get the plane centred but with
the
> new scenery? (although the default taxiways look better with hold markings
> must admit)
>
> A list of all EGSS bgl files on my pc is here-
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/potter55/EGSSbgl.jpg
>
> Any help/pointers/suggestions/advice etc. very welcome.
>
> Dave

Dave,
The easy and non techie way would be to slew your aircraft into the position
that you want them to be, and then save the flight. Next time you select
that flight they should be Ok. I have no idea though why they are starting
in these strange spots by default.

Quilljar
see http://client.webshots.com/album/194691959rhDQFi
Do not reply personally, all such emails go into my spam filter

Phillip

A great big thank-you to you.

I downloaded the AFCAD program by Lee Swordy,
had a quick read through of the instructions and fired the program up.

A quick move of the runways centreline, and hey presto!

Just look-
This is how it WAS
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/potter55/EGSSafter2.jpg (as seen in my original
post)
and this is NOW
http://homepage.ntlworld.com/potter55/EGSSafterAFCAD.jpg
Just compare where the aircraft is positioned on the runway.

Amazingly simple, stupendously brilliant!!

I didn't think I'd have the know-how or indeed the bottle to try this,
glad I did now :)

Thanks again
Dave.

> Just look-
> This is how it WAS
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/potter55/EGSSafter2.jpg (as seen in my
original
> post)
> and this is NOW
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/potter55/EGSSafterAFCAD.jpg
> Just compare where the aircraft is positioned on the runway.

It keeps those plane from running through the grass and making ruts to mow
over :)

Yea, AFCAD isn't too bad to work with. Trying to create scenery objects with
things like GMAX is the miserable part.

--

Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
www.wandtv.com

Now creating scenery IS beyond me and I'm not even going to try.

But I have been messing about again today with AFCAD and the Stansted bgl
and think I've got all the gates, taxi-ways etc. aligned properly.

If anyone here has the Stansted Scenery by John Young and would like to try
'my' version, let me know and I'll email you the file.

Thinking also of uploading it to AVSIM (and yes, I have asked John if it's
OK with him).

Dave.