Pixma 5000 and Surething

Sleeperman I have just discovered what is going wrong..thanks to your advice
as to use print preview before printing..
The measurements that I am using for the Pixma Template are being read as
the template being upside down...ie..The Top measurement with my CD Tray is
the right one for the distance from the bottom...if you get my drift!!
Is there a fix???
TX

Flip template in page setup

fay10 wrote:
> Sleeperman I have just discovered what is going wrong..thanks to your
> advice as to use print preview before printing..
> The measurements that I am using for the Pixma Template are being
> read as the template being upside down...ie..The Top measurement with
> my CD Tray is the right one for the distance from the bottom...if you
> get my drift!!
> Is there a fix???
> TX

AS guy told--- open page setup and there's an option "Flip design" - if
template is 180 deg turned.
But...funny...so CDR tray for ip5000 is turned around? Did you use my
template or did you make it by yourself?
Since Guy told that template works fine...i'd like to know. In general, when
you see print preview, CD must be in lower part of paper, not upper. And
paper should be portrait, not landscape...?

Matey when I flip the Template it does not turn 180% In fact it just makes
the C.D position a little different
I am in fact wondering if the Tray for the 5000 is the same as the 4000???
my cast mark is QC1-4249>ABS<T2-1 AND MEASURES APPROX ..9.5 INCHES X5.1/8...
SOME OF YOUR TEMPLATES ALSO DO NOT OPEN IN MY SURETHING WHICH IS THE 4.0
VERSION..
However the Template made by Surething for the Canon i865 Does??
I am baffled..??????
Cheers anyway Sleeper,,

"SleeperMan" <SleeperMan@too.sleepy> wrote in message
> fay10 wrote:
> > Sleeperman I have just discovered what is going wrong..thanks to your
> > advice as to use print preview before printing..
> > The measurements that I am using for the Pixma Template are being
> > read as the template being upside down...ie..The Top measurement with
> > my CD Tray is the right one for the distance from the bottom...if you
> > get my drift!!
> > Is there a fix???
> > TX
>
> AS guy told--- open page setup and there's an option "Flip design" - if
> template is 180 deg turned.
> But...funny...so CDR tray for ip5000 is turned around? Did you use my
> template or did you make it by yourself?
> Since Guy told that template works fine...i'd like to know. In general,
when
> you see print preview, CD must be in lower part of paper, not upper. And
> paper should be portrait, not landscape...?

My tray for the 4000 and the 5000 are the same number you are showing and
both printers print out spot on. I am using Surething latest upgrade 4.2
available from website.

Sorry this may not help but it eleiminates the tray problem.

fay10 wrote:
> Matey when I flip the Template it does not turn 180% In fact it just
> makes the C.D position a little different
> I am in fact wondering if the Tray for the 5000 is the same as the
> 4000??? my cast mark is QC1-4249>ABS<T2-1 AND MEASURES APPROX ..9.5
> INCHES X5.1/8... SOME OF YOUR TEMPLATES ALSO DO NOT OPEN IN MY
> SURETHING WHICH IS THE 4.0 VERSION..
> However the Template made by Surething for the Canon i865 Does??
> I am baffled..??????
> Cheers anyway Sleeper,,

Maybe you should try to remove and re-install surething. If Guy says all is
ok, then it should be with your printer, too.
Also, when you open template, CD should be in lower part of template, so
when you flip it, it will be in upper part. If this is not the case, then
something is wrong with surething. Check out if you have latest version
(which is 4.2.0146)and upgrade if not.
OH...cast mark... EXACTLY same!