PS2 not recognizing disks

Hi
My PS2 (bought last December) fails to read any o my games or DVD's, was
still OK last week. When you swith it on it shows the browser screen and I
can see the 2 memory cards only.

Ideas please!
Until later
Joe

Joeboy wrote:

> Hi
> My PS2 (bought last December) fails to read any o my games or DVD's, was
> still OK last week. When you swith it on it shows the browser screen and I
> can see the 2 memory cards only.
>
> Ideas please!
> Until later
> Joe

may have very bad dirt on the lens. If it's a top loader easy to clean
with a cotton bud, gently. If not then as it's very new your problem
is easily solved by returning it under guarantee.
--
Paul (And I'm, like, "yeah, whatever!")
Stop and Look

"Joeboy" <joedb@webmail.co.za> wrote in message
> Hi
> My PS2 (bought last December) fails to read any o my games or DVD's, was
> still OK last week. When you swith it on it shows the browser screen and I
> can see the 2 memory cards only.
>
> Ideas please!
> Until later
> Joe

It's called a lens cleaner, look into it. You either mishandle your games or
are renting games that are mishandled introducing dirt and crud to your lens
so it can't read discs. Go to Best Buy and spend ten bucks on a lens cleaner
disc.

And wash your dirty hands,

TS

Joeboy wrote:
> Hi
> My PS2 (bought last December) fails to read any o my games or DVD's, was
> still OK last week. When you swith it on it shows the browser screen and I
> can see the 2 memory cards only.
>
> Ideas please!
> Until later
> Joe

Turn it off and turn it back on, if it doesn't work, do it again. Also
check to make sure a disc is actually in there, sometimes there isn't.

That reminds about my "new" used Playstation 2 i bought a few weeks
ago at GameStop. Final Fantasy X worked fine. The same was with Metal
Gear 2. But as i got Metal Gear 3, the very same screen appeared. I
had to return the playstation. Obviously the laser was not correct
adjusted anymore.
Hopefully, that isn't your issue.

On 10 Aug 2005 09:51:05 -0700, "H.I.V. Steve" <hiv_steve@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Joeboy wrote:
>> Hi
>> My PS2 (bought last December) fails to read any o my games or DVD's, was
>> still OK last week. When you swith it on it shows the browser screen and I
>> can see the 2 memory cards only.
>>
>> Ideas please!
>> Until later
>> Joe
>
>Turn it off and turn it back on, if it doesn't work, do it again. Also
>check to make sure a disc is actually in there, sometimes there isn't.

Bye
Joerg

--
no news today....